Model Cars Magazine Forum

tom inman kenworth update 9/4

i am biulding a kenworth k123 to replicate the last and best paint scheme tom inman had on his trucks before he went out of biusiness in 82. it will be pulling a reefer also matching the company trailers. i dont have any pics of the later year trucks due to a house fire, but i found a pic on hanks truck site showing the later years trailer and an older pete.

tom_inman_75_peterbilt_001-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

Edited by cowboysevens

• 1 month later...

i have started all over with a brand new kit, the glue bomb will be done at a later date. it has to many body work issues and i wanna get this build done before the end of 2011 lol. ive got the cummins motor done and most of the frame built, i also made a steerable front axle.

002-5.jpg

003-7.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-5.jpg

here is a example of the stripes that will go on the white cab

tominmancolors1.jpg

any tips on painting these stripes is very much apreciated , thanks :(;):P:P

Edited by cowboysevens

Hey Dennis, Fasig Graphics can take that picture you have of the real truck and with the measuments you tell them, they can make those stripes and words into a decal for you. It's not cheap but they do do great work!!!!

Hey Dennis, Fasig Graphics can take that picture you have of the real truck and with the measuments you tell them, they can make those stripes and words into a decal for you. It's not cheap but they do do great work!!!!

thanks for the tip ben, i was thinking about painting a cab and sending it off to get some decals made up because i plan on making a small fleet of these tom inman trucks. B):lol:B)

dennis

• 3 months later...

well i got a lil update on this one finally !! ;D ;D ;D i still got a lil ways to go before its finished, like the visor and air dam will be painted to match the truck, decals , lights , flaps , mirrors etc etc. i can see the light at the end of the tunnel so i am a happy camper!! ;):lol:B) ;D

007.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg