Model Cars Magazine Forum

tom inman kenworth update 9/4

well i got a few more things done to the ol kenworth :rolleyes: . i got the grab handles on, mirrors, cb and radio antennas, turn signals on and ........ oh yeah my decals came in!!!! woooo hooo!! :unsure::)B) about the only thing left is the air dam and visor, just waiting on paint to be done for them and i think this bad boy will be complete, now i can get to work on the great dane reefer for it.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IM FORGETING ANYTHING :blink:

p.s. that is tom inmans real dot number

008-9.jpg

007-12.jpg

006-11.jpg

005-10.jpg

004-15.jpg

Edited by cowboysevens

• 1 month later...

Nice work Dennis! Great finish. I like the stripes, they came out perfectly. The white of the cab seems to have a pearl effect, it looks good. you did a nice job on that trailer too, I like the Transtar 4300 disc wheels out there. The Peterbilt front bumper looks better than the kit one as well. I have to get the nerve to try and make a steering front axle on my next Round 2 truck... I like it. Great job! :wub:

Oh, by the way, I have seen this on 1:1 trucks, why are the aerials tilted forward?? Is it for just for looks or for a better reception?

Edited by Z06Bob

Nice work Dennis! Great finish. I like the stripes, they came out perfectly. The white of the cab seems to have a pearl effect, it looks good. you did a nice job on that trailer too, I like the Transtar 4300 disc wheels out there. The Peterbilt front bumper looks better than the kit one as well. I have to get the nerve to try and make a steering front axle on my next Round 2 truck... I like it. Great job! :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way, I have seen this on 1:1 trucks, why are the aerials tilted forward?? Is it for just for looks or for a better reception?

they say with the antenna pointed forward like that you get less noise, lol but i never noticed a differance. i think its more of preferance to the look .

hunter selby painted the cab for me and he cleared it with pearl. it will look white when i take the finished outside pics. :wub::P:wub: