Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

John Teresi

Hello.......I started on the chassis........and have a long way to go.......ALL chassis reference provided by "MASTER BUILDER" and "PRO PAINTER" Paul Rowe.......and also some reference from 'Master Builder" Clay Kemp ..........thank you Paul. and Clay.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF7991.jpg

DSCF7988.jpg

DSCF7989.jpg

DSCF8009.jpg

DSCF8008.jpg

DSCF8007.jpg

DSCF8015.jpg

DSCF8006.jpg

DSCF7999.jpg

DSCF7996.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Sir William Lyons now officially has a Smith tachometer mounted on his headstone! :) Hard to believe the E Type is officially 50 years old as of this past March.

I build mostly stock, but this is a fascinating build, and I'm enjoying the craftsmanship going into it. I will be following this.

Edited by Jim Gibbons

Hello......thank you for the kind comment`s guy`s........I did some work on the rear of the chassis and trans mounting brackets today........I will be working on the front end shocks and steering tonight.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8037.jpg

DSCF8047.jpg

DSCF8046.jpg

DSCF8045.jpg

DSCF8043.jpg

DSCF8040.jpg

DSCF8041.jpg

DSCF8042.jpg

DSCF8038.jpg

DSCF8039.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......I did some work in the cock pit........using some reference from "Master Builder" Clay Kemp..........thank you Clay..........I made some pedals,levers,brackets and a master cylinder........ worked on the bottles.........I am waiting for a resin rear end to come in the mail......then I can finish up the rear end.....thank`s for lookin.

DSCF8074.jpg

DSCF8072.jpg

DSCF8069.jpg

DSCF8067.jpg

DSCF8060.jpg

DSCF8061.jpg

DSCF8063.jpg

DSCF8064.jpg

DSCF8066.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......I worked on the engine yesterday ........I bored out the butterfly holes and made a new butterfly......modified the fuel tank.......made motor mounts and plates, a pulley, injector plate, side window brackets and door handles, front body clip supports........and a puke tank......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8102.jpg

DSCF8103.jpg

DSCF8092.jpg

DSCF8076.jpg

DSCF8077.jpg

DSCF8101.jpg

DSCF8094.jpg

DSCF8095.jpg

DSCF8096.jpg

DSCF8093.jpg

John -

Very impressive work! I find your builds to be inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

What glue/adhesive do you use to build your chassis? I'm finding that chassis fab is a challenge - and I'm using rectangle styrene.

Edited by seeker589

John -

Very impressive work! I find your builds to be inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

What glue/adhesive do you use to build your chassis? I'm finding that chassis fab is a challenge - and I'm using rectangle styrene.

Tim ......i use good o`l Super Glue......the yellow bottle with the red top......it is strong and dries fast.......thank`s.