Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

John Teresi

OK, John... don't hate me, but...

I doubt that a car like that would ever have a "weathered" chassis like that. While it looks "realistic," the owner/team would never allow that kind of car to get to such a condition. Drag cars are constantly being stripped down, maintained, upgraded, etc. to keep them in absolute top shape. The sort of car you're building wouldn't be a backyard-built, low bucks weekend warrior, but a professionally built and maintained car, IMO.

Just my 2¢... which you may not want! B)

OK, John... don't hate me, but...

I doubt that a car like that would ever have a "weathered" chassis like that.

Just my 2¢... which you may not want! :blink:

You're absolutely right Harry but it adds so much to the BAAADDDDness. These cars are brutal and John's look is scorched and hot, like a sawed-off shotgun. I can smell the fuel, rubber and heat. It will make the model jump off it's surroundings.

I hate him. :lol:

You're absolutely right Harry but it adds so much to the BAAADDDDness. These cars are brutal and John's look is scorched and hot, like a sawed-off shotgun. I can smell the fuel, rubber and heat. It will make the model jump off it's surroundings.

I hate him. :(

LOL :D

Hello......I did some work on the electrical panel board......got the front and rear brakes done......bottles are installed......electrical is about 1/2 done.....I will work on the rest of the electrical tomorrow.......thank`s for loooking.

DSCF8357.jpg

DSCF8361.jpg

DSCF8367.jpg

DSCF8368.jpg

DSCF8374.jpg

DSCF8369.jpg

DSCF8375.jpg

DSCF8377.jpg

DSCF8382.jpg

DSCF8384.jpg

You sweep the GSL and then come back with this!

You're a M O N S T E R

Outrageous detail; love all the color in the interior, especially the green on the tanks.

and Harry's wrong on the weathering. It's really working.

Hey John....Remember the remark I made about walking around with a plastered smile on my face at the GSL? Wellllll...it's back on there my friend...you've done it again. This build is really taking shape and looking REAL good. Can't wait to see the painted body sitting on this frame. I'm not that much of a straight line guy but....you've got me really looking there with your builds.Oh yea...Susan says Hey.... She likes this build also

Edited by Gary Davis

What I usually say when I see a Teresimodel: Unfreakingbelievable!

I just don't know how you do it ... and do it ... and do it ... and do it.

:D

And, yes, Harry's wrong. Not every real car stays showroom fresh or is unaffected by being driven and used.

Just sayin.' B)

And, yes, Harry's wrong. Not every real car stays showroom fresh or is unaffected by being driven and used.

Just sayin.' :D

Maybe I'm right, maybe not... B)

But one thing we can all agree on is that John builds at a level that most of us will never even come close to. B)

This is a nice build obviously, but why are there 2 identical threads in two different forums showing the same posts and progress?

In this case, dual posting makes sense to me, Mark. I'm sure there are other members like me, who only visit the topics they're interested in. It's certainly appropriate for the Drag Racing forum, which I never visit, and I would never have seen this if it weren't also in the On the Workbench forum.

Edited by sjordan2

A better way to go is to post any given WIP in just one place, either "On the Workbench" or in a topic-specific area (Drag, trucks, NASCAR, etc.). Then post the finished model "Under Glass," with a link to the original WIP for those interested in seeing more.

A better way to go is to post any given WIP in just one place, either "On the Workbench" or in a topic-specific area (Drag, trucks, NASCAR, etc.). Then post the finished model "Under Glass," with a link to the original WIP for those interested in seeing more.

Even so, nothing beats the continuing pleasure of following a work in progress daily, regardless of your choice of forum. Viewing a build journal after the fact doesn't have that kind of interest. Otherwise, it should be in the "On the Workbench" section if only one can be chosen, since that will interest a much wider audience.

Edited by sjordan2

Hello......I did some work on the electrical panel board......got the front and rear brakes done......bottles are installed......electrical is about 1/2 done.....I will work on the rest of the electrical tomorrow.......thank`s for loooking.

DSCF8357.jpg

DSCF8361.jpg

DSCF8375.jpg

What's your source for the circuit board, the bottle handles/knobs, and the colored "electrical" wiring?

Hello......I finished up the wheelie bar......installed the battery..........thank`s fellas for following this "WIP"......I really enjoy sharing and being rewarded with kind comments........I would like to clarify a few things.......I consider myself as a canvas builder.......I am not very good with the technical things.......if I don`t answer a question it`s because I probably don`t have a intelligent answer.......so what I am trying to say is that....... I like to build models for myself "not" anyone else.......if I am being rude I am sorry......I just look at a picture for reference and try to get as close as possible and maybe change it up a little......I have never built a Pro Mod before.......i`m sure I have made all kind`s of mistakes.........but,when I started this "WiP"......... I mentioned that this was a make belive race car.........anyway thank`s for looking.

DSCF8388.jpg

DSCF8387.jpg

DSCF8390.jpg

DSCF8392.jpg

DSCF8389.jpg

DSCF8391.jpg

DSCF8393.jpg

DSCF8385.jpg

:) Absolutely stunning work as usual! Very well thought out, excellent execution on the body work, everything is jus' a marvel to watch come together. Like watching a sculpter perfect his masterpiece one step at a time. Keep going. I love it! B)