Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 JoHan Road Runner, Need resin A12 (6bbl) hood and air cleaner

Well all, I haven't received my resin spyder wheels yet, but I hear they are nice. I have received most of my other parts and am getting excited for this build. I am thinking of starting a community build for "day two" cars. For those of you that don't know what a "day two" car is, I will explain. A day two car is a muscle car (65-73) how you would see it in the late 70's to early 80's after the added custom wheels, shackles, tunnel ram, crazy high metallic paint, wrecked, shag carpet, however you depict it. It could be a show car or a well used car. I think that is what I am hoping to do with this build. It will be stock enough, but be a well taken care of modded A12 car. Let me know what you guys think about the community build? Anyway, here is a picture of the car and parts I have collected so far. I am still needing to find a six pack set up that will fit the revel 440, headers, and a few other little things. I am also going to work on making a correct looking A12 air filter base. The best looking lid that I have found so far is the Jo-Han HEMI lid. I am still unsure of the color I want to go. I was thinking black with black interior, but I really want the flat black hood to stand out. Anyway, throw out your suggestions and let me know what you all think about the community build suggestion.

Jeremy

d371f999.jpg

Jeremy, there used to be a black 69 Hemi Roadrunner around here that was Black, and with the flat black dual hood stripes. The Hemi Air Grabber hood(NOT the A-12 6-Pak hood) had the hood grilles painted RED. These REALLY stood out on that black rascal. Just made it look even BADDER!!!!! He ran steelies an dog dish caps on it with a bench seat and Auto on the column. GREAT lookin car!!!!;):);)

I guess I may as well just turn this into my build thread. lol If the mods want to move it to wherever that is, that's cool. Anyway, I received the parts I ordered from Kris and let me just say, they are awesome. Thanks for the recommendations and the great parts. I also received my spyder wheels and I am thrilled with them as well. Now just a few more parts to get before I start. Has anybody given any thought about my "day two" community build idea?

8ad6fd70.jpg

746393fe.jpg

And agreed. Thanks for the pics guys. Bahama Yellow looks very good. That is one of my favorite colors, not sure why I didn't think about that. Does anyone make a stripe like the one on the bottom pic?

Edited by A12Runner

Guys, I recently placed an order with Vaughn Hart of: www.smblockdodgeresins.webs.com and received the parts today. They look good and crisp and I believe that I will be ordering more Mopar parts from him in the future.

Agreed. I only bought one thing from him. But it is VERY nice.

Okay, not that you can tell by the pictures, there are three different colors on these wheels. They took me a bit of time to paint and I am pretty pleased with the final product. The middle part is a really pretty color that I mixed till I liked it. I am not sure if I want to make the center cap silver or just leave well enough alone. Anyway, let me know what you all think.

284fdc6e.jpg

7d011c86.jpg

0e6fa934.jpg

Edited by A12Runner

Jeremy, now THAT'S a twist i never saw! Olny spyder wheels i've EVER seen were chromed, a PAINTED one is unique! As for the "Day Two" build, I build ALL of my cars that way,Bro. I could NEVER leave my cars alone, so i build my models the same way!('CEPT for my wifes Eldo, cas the don't make speed parts for it!!!);) ;) :D;)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done a whole lot to the car as of late, but I did start the mock up using another 69 johan body. Looks like it will be a bit of work to get it all to fit together properly. I think the interior is going to be the hardest to make fit though. I did get all the engine compartment parts trimmed down to where they look good and fit pretty good. Still need to do a bit more trimming on the core support though I think.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone. I'm Jeremy. I am working on a JoHan 69 Road Runner and want to do an A12 car. I need a few parts that I believe someone has made. I am looking for the Six Pack hood and the correct Air Filter. Do any of you know where I can get these pieces? I will also be looking for a few non resin parts as well such as Torque Thrust wheels and Wide Oval or Radial T/A tires. Also, Do any of you know if the AMT 68 Runner chassis fits very well? Thanks, Jeremy

Hi, Jeremy, the best TT's(for me) is from scale equipment ltd, i ordered 3 set from him, when the spokes are painted they look as real ones, but you can still not painted them since they're chromed.

• 2 years later...

Modelhaus is doing a conversion kit adapted for the Jo-Han kit, wit ALL you need to convert the kit in a 440-6, all interior parts with the bench seat and the hood also included and the wheels also..

i just bougnt them at last NNL East and they are first quality as usual with Modelhaus!!

Modelhaus is doing a conversion kit adapted for the Jo-Han kit, wit ALL you need to convert the kit in a 440-6, all interior parts with the bench seat and the hood also included and the wheels also..

i just bougnt them at last NNL East and they are first quality as usual with Modelhaus!!

Do you have any pics of the conversion kit? Do you use the Jo-Han chassis or will the AMT chassis fit with the interior parts?

Edited by Mike Chernecki

Here are a few pics of the Modelhaus kit..

All the parts included..

100_5204-vi.jpg

A closer view of the hood..

100_5207-vi.jpg

Separate side door panels..

100_5210-vi.jpg

An the hood on the car (the factory sprue on the Jo-Han body not removed that's why it doesn't look to fit in front)

100_5213-vi.jpg

And the inteior floor pan with the bench seat..

100_5214-vi.jpg

Everything will fit well on the Jo-Han kit, but can easily be modified to fit over the AMT chassis to have greater details, to achive a perfect looking 440-6 just like the picture of AZERS!!

By the way your Rally Grreen 440-6 looks really cool AZERS...

Edited by mikemopar70

• 2 years later...

I bought about a half dozen of them off ebay ,,maybe 2 years ago ? , seller id is now TM resin I think . ( I believe the master was made by Wendel Sowers ) . I can get a picture of just the hood tomorrow if requested.

I also bought one of the Harts part resin ones,,,and ended up dropping it in the trash. It was molded so thin at the front edge I couldn't  get it to lay flat,,not matter what I did to it.

Missing  link sells a conversion bench seat  interior for a base line model seat pattern for a 1968 or 1969 Roadrunner

102_4250.jpg

resin-interior.jpg