Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lowrider without airbrush

hi guys,

I hope everybody is doing well.

I just received my new kit,and I am already existed to built it, 39 Chevy Coupe Lowrider

But I may have a problem.

As I really want do a lowrider paint on it (see example), I wanted to buy a acrylic paint called Folkart extreme glitter to bring a deep candy color and a color variety

I wanna thin the paint and use a wide paint brush for the strips, and spray rattle for wide area.

I know the result won't be as good as airbrushed but do you think it can work pretty well to paint the strip with a paint brush?

thank you guys

I just realized there is a better answer. Try One Shot pinstriping paint. Good pigment and coverage, lots of colors, and I hear people rave about it. lays down real well. Google it, TCP global has 1/4 pint tins for about $8.00.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/Specialty-Paint/Pinstriping-Standard-Colors/#/?_=1&filter.custitemcustitem_manufacturer_usoffice=One%20Shot&page=1&sort.online_price=asc

It's going to be tough to get a really good looking Low Rider paint job without a airbrush!

I use One Shot on a regular basis and it is manufactured for Sign Painting and Pinstriping, However it can be used on models and works quite well! If you attempt to do Low Rider paint with a combo of hand brushing and rattle can it could be done.

One Shot makes a line of pearl colors that are quite transparent, the solid colors can be made more transparent with a product in their line called tinting clear. The key with getting a flat smooth finish with One Shot is using a good brush, a grey or brown squirrel hair quill works the best, a nice soft taklon works well to. With different brush techniques you can get nice shades and shadows. Give it a whack if you don't like it you can through it in the pond.

jwrass