Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes 300SL Heller 1/24

kekefe

There's one thing that every single kit maker and builder misses, including the amazing 1/8 product from Diamond Cars. The Gullwing steering wheel folds down from the top to allow the driver to exit more easily. At about 1 o'clock, behind the wheel and spokes on the hub, there is a lever release to make this happen, and the lever is never reproduced. May seem small, but it's one of the Gullwing's many signature, unique features.

Edited by sjordan2

Thanks Martin but let me say that it was a great kit, besides the decals..

i suggest this kit to anybody, close your eyes and buy it :)

That is the funny thing about Heller kits. Your Gullwing built well and I did the Bugatti T50 and it was an easy build. Then you have the Delahaye and the Mercedes 540K - they are nightmares!

Hey Kekefe, I'm seeing here that finally you made it!..I turned up real nice...Now, let's see more of your work here.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Thanks Simon, if this is finished, it is because of you; i am sorry that i did not write my special thanks to you... <_<

Very nice! I dont know much about Heller kits, are they poor fitting? Didnt AMT do a kit like this many years ago with opening doors? Is this Heller kit still available?

This kit is not poor fitting, i dont know AMT kit, i am not sure if Heller kit still available but i know that there is an 1/16 italeri kit

This kit is not poor fitting, i dont know AMT kit, i am not sure if Heller kit still available but i know that there is an 1/16 italeri kit

The 1/16 Italeri kit is currently my Holy Grail, nearly impossible to find. It's different tooling from the 1/16 Entex/Minicraft version, with better detail. Your Heller kit looks like one of the most accurate Gullwing kits I've seen. Do the doors open?

Edited by sjordan2

The 1/16 Italeri kit is currently my Holy Grail, nearly impossible to find. It's different tooling from the 1/16 Entex/Minicraft version, with better detail. Your Heller kit looks like one of the most accurate Gullwing kits I've seen. Do the doors open?

Here in Turkey we have italeri :rolleyes:

i am afraid no, the doors do not open...