Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Mack Cement Mixer Kit

I'm not talking about the Paystar suspension. The DM 800 walking beam for the mixer is on the mixer parts trees. This is the tree with the DM mixer walking beam parts. Look at the bottom of this picture.... This is from the Paystar re-issue in 2001

IMG_0396-vi.jpg

Cheers for that. I stand corrected and feel really silly as I sold mine. Lol

Ben

Which of the DM kits came with the 80000# hardbar suspension, or am I just imagining things?

Jim, I have all versions of the DM800 and they all have camelback, and the mixer has the beams. If your referring to the hard bar set up that A.I.T.M. sells, I believe that was scratch built by Rick Mark. RNK used to cast it before Dave.

I always wanted to see AMT release an Autocar mixer. Take the Challenge mixer from the KW and mate it to the Autocar dump kit without the Montone body. Lengthen the frame rails as needed and you pretty much have it. Autocars were by far the most popular and most common mixer trucks around when I was a kid, even more common than a Mack. Maybe it was a regional thing, the Greater Boston and New England area has always been "different" when it came to trucks.

I always wanted to see AMT release an Autocar mixer. Take the Challenge mixer from the KW and mate it to the Autocar dump kit without the Montone body. Lengthen the frame rails as needed and you pretty much have it. Autocars were by far the most popular and most common mixer trucks around when I was a kid, even more common than a Mack. Maybe it was a regional thing, the Greater Boston and New England area has always been "different" when it came to trucks.

I would sell my kidneys to make that happen

I will have to get another DM800 mad paystar mixer just for this....

Hopefully they just re release it. Obviously have the parts trees for it to happen.

Ben

Maybe they will reissue the DM 800 Mixer kit as well as the DM 800 tractor, the DM 600 is out and the dump trailer is coming soon so you never know