Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody using a Grex airbrush?

I'm looking at picking up a Grex Tritium TG in the near future and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it. This is the top-mounted gravity-feed model with the pistol-grip trigger. There's a couple of needle options (hairline to 3/4", to 1" or to 2") but I think the hairline to 1" should cover most car modeling applications. I taught my sons to rattle can with an add-on pistol-grip attachment so a pistol-grip airbrush would seem to be the most logical step up.

I see a whole lot of guys talking about their Paasches, Badgers and Iwatas but not so much on the Grex so if anyone is using one (the TG or any of there models) out there I'd sure like to hear your opinions on it.

I guess I'm going to find out how I like it sooner rather than later. I told my wife yesterday that I'd been shopping around again and about 10 minutes later she handed me the shipping confirmation slip. I was prepared to hold out until my b-day in June but I suppose this week will do :D.

Edited by LOBBS

Got the TG in the mail and I have to say that so far I'm very impressed. It has a nice, solid and balanced feel to it. The trigger set-up is very intuitive and natural.

My previous airbrush is a Testors Aztec of some kind and I never did like it. It got relegated quickly to specialty situations like Alclads and Metalizers.

I've gotta get a hose and some fittings to match up with my system and get some paint through this thing ASAP.