Model Cars Magazine Forum

Overhaulin Bel-Air on EBAY

I have seen some of these cars when they were fresh, still smelled like wet paint, and they looked good. But months later when I saw them again and the paint and filler materials had cured, they looked sad.

Shrinkage, orange peel, ghosting, waves, you name it, all the things that would get a model dismissed from a serious model contest had manifested themselves since the chemical products did not have a chance to cure in the short time the cars were built.

That's what I expected, the extent of the bodywork restoration combined w/the rush-job aspect left me wondering if they deteriorated badly once everything had a chance to cure fully. I'd rather see these shows without the contrived rush-factor.

A lot of different opinions and no real fighting which is nice. For me, I like Foose's stuff. He take cars that will never be finished by the owner and make a good $25,000/$30,000 car out of them. If they had to pay everyone for all the time and all the free stuff, I'm sure it would be well over 50K. So the owner gets a much better car than they had or ever would build themselves, the viewers get an entertaining hour and the workers get their 15 minutes of fame. I think it's a win win situation for all. My questions is about the paint scheme on this one. I like it except for the break line on the hood. It just doesn't look right to me going across the center of the emblem. I think the whole hood should be blue with the bread point in the middle of the light going down to the grill. That is my buck 75 worth.

A lot of different opinions and no real fighting which is nice. For me, I like Foose's stuff. He take cars that will never be finished by the owner and make a good $25,000/$30,000 car out of them. If they had to pay everyone for all the time and all the free stuff, I'm sure it would be well over 50K. So the owner gets a much better car than they had or ever would build themselves, the viewers get an entertaining hour and the workers get their 15 minutes of fame. I think it's a win win situation for all. My questions is about the paint scheme on this one. I like it except for the break line on the hood. It just doesn't look right to me going across the center of the emblem. I think the whole hood should be blue with the bread point in the middle of the light going down to the grill. That is my buck 75 worth.

I agree Terry, That paint Break just looks out of place to me,The painted Bumpers and the Rake don't look right to me but I like the Car overall and I'm a Foose fan too! Just wish it was a little lower.