Model Cars Magazine Forum

125 ton Rogers mining trailer 04-17-15 update

I'm building this for my D11:

iningtrailerloaded_zpsmjyoanop-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The basic frame is almost complete:

IMG_1746_zpsjidi2kyb-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The start of the fixed gooseneck:

IMG_1749_zpssdplj9t6-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Tires and wheels are from AITM. The drive axle hubs will be replaced with Stemco trailer hubs.

IMG_1748_zpszmxx7ly3-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_1802_zpsjooa1ifh-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The trailer width is 14 feet and finished length will be around 60 feet. Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Tesla

Dennis nice. Start on your trailer it's going to make for a nice set up with the KW and Dozer.

Thanks Dan. The snow has finally melted enough so I can set up my spray booth to vent outside. Now I can get cranking on getting parts primed for the fist time :D

Dennis, Im assuming you have a detailed drawing of the axle set up on this beast? Ive always wanted to build a Rogers Beam trailer with the wheels inside and outside the frame(whats that even called?) like this one.

I have a few pics of the Walking beam on a cozad, 8 tires per "axle" if you like.

Dennis, Im assuming you have a detailed drawing of the axle set up on this beast? Ive always wanted to build a Rogers Beam trailer with the wheels inside and outside the frame(whats that even called?) like this one.

I have no drawing or pics for the axles. What I have in mind is a very basic setup. I'll post pics of it later this week. ;)

Edited by Tesla