Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave Marcis Charger

novadose71

Built trackside ;) as raced at Daytona 75. I started with the Polar Lights Petty Charger and lots of reference. I started by removing the hood bulge and replacing with styrene sheet and some strip for the center uhhh...strip. Moving to the body I started with the hardest part, the SE 1/4 window "vents". After I was happy with those I thinned the A-pillars, removed the rear spoiler, added a fuel overflow tube, filled the fuel filler hole and drilled a new one, then made a quick fill insert out of styrene rod and tube. after all the bodywork was finished I airbrushed IIRC Ford (Poppy?)red from MCW on the body then polished it out. I had been given the K&K decal sheet by a fellow club member and pieced the contingency decals together from various aftermarket sheets....and had a couple of custom ones made too. The interior and chassis were built out of the box with a window net from PPP and heat shrink rollbar padding. Wheels and tires are from PPP as well. I think that is all on this one, thanks for lookin'.

number71.jpg

Daytona6105.jpg

Daytona6236.jpg

Daytona6070.jpg

Daytona6076.jpg

Daytona6223.jpg

Daytona6220.jpg

Daytona6226.jpg

Daytona4026.jpg

Edited by novadose71

Thanks. The chassis fought me a bit too, that's why it didn't get the engine....I didn't want to have to mess with it. The tire decals came with the PPP tires IIRC. I just gave them a slight dusting with some black pastel powder before dullcoting them.

Great looking Charger. I like the real thing, it looks just good. Paintjob is great. You did a good job with those decals too. I like the Plastic Performance Products' tires, I have few sets of them too. Really cool Dodge. B)