Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good movie.

FCS is a pretty good one.

You might also check out "American Nitro". Great '70s funny car stuff.

It's an original from the late '70s and has been "redone" digitally.

Availible from American Nitro.com.

It's definitely worth it......... B)

Hondo

Yea, I saw it when it came out in theaters. I was like 13 or 14 and I really dugit,isn't Big Jim a cool guy!! Was the quaility pretty good and is it on DVD?

The quality's great, and yes, it's on DVD. The video of old racing is great!

I just watched it again tonight, and I gotta tell ya, I miss O.C.I.R. It sucks they turned it into a housing development. Some of the best times I had as a kid were at that track...

Does the movie have any footage on the Snake and Mongoose funny cars? If so was there any shots of the Dodge transporters that hauled them?

No... They have video of others like Roland Leong, Ed "The Ace" McCulloch, Joe Pisano, Sush Matsubara, and a few others, but no transporters...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say I was really disappointed. Rented it on Net flicks and was way bummed out by the lack of night cameras. Just vanishing lights. Not much fun. I really liked the car, but watching Jim shave for 5 minutes and 10 minutes of bicycle drags just lost me.

Try Diamond P videos US Nationals compilation. Great stuff.

For a better car story also try Two Lane Black Top. It's a little dry, but kinda neat.

Net Flicks also has all the Overhaulin' and Rides series.

Scott

• 10 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=217855:date=Oct 9 2009, 06:54 AM:name=Ben)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ben @ Oct 9 2009, 06:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=217855"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does the movie have any footage on the Snake and Mongoose funny cars? If so was there any shots of the Dodge transporters that hauled them?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No... They have video of others like Roland Leong, Ed "The Ace" McCulloch, Joe Pisano, Sush Matsubara, and a few others, but no transporters...

Actually, in "American Nitro" the Snake & Mongoose are very much in there.

By then (mid '70s) the Dodge ramp trucks

had been replaced by the dually pick-ups and enclosed trailers.

Edited by Hondo