Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell snap Peterbilt

Sean,i really like the contrast between these two colors,if this were my build,i think all I'd do would be to paint the fuel tanks frame color,silver on the battery box and maybe trim the lock rings/hubs on the steer axle wheels in the frames color.Personally, I might be inclined to do the "safety striped" front bumber on this one too? All you need now is a pair of flatbeds with a load of hay! Truck sure has the "Old School" vibe I like!............................................Mark

Thank you Guy's for all the great suggestions.

As of now , the Fuel tanks, battery boxes, mirrors, luberfiner (it was correctly mounted fill cap on top) Bumper and stack have all been stripped of the shiny chrome stuff.

Jesse - gotta go with dual horns as I am not filling a hole and repainting the cab.

I also cut the seats down - I did not like the looks of those highbacks anyhoo.

Mark the front hubs will be painted, just giving the paint time to cure. Not so sure about the rings - not as steady as I use to be and twice as blind.

Hey, Man....I liked it, before.....BUT.....I like it, now, too....The orange is still there......It does grow on you a little bit at a time......Kinda like that orange and green.....

Dulling down the chrome is a pretty good idea.....Keep pluggin' along at this one, Man.....Looks good....

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! well..err....them. Now you just need the song Queen "fat bottom girls" blaring in the background. I simply MUST have a set! Mudflaps are sort of becoming my calling card....like JT and his beautiful orange paint jobs. Hey, we all gotta have a fixation, no?

And your statement, "not as steady as I used to be and twice as blind", brother I can relate and is why I ditched 1:87, am about out of 1:25 and going for 1:16.

Well, back to deliberating the glue bomb Aero Astro and other world events.....

Edited by olsbooks

I gotta get me some of them flaps.

Lookin good bud. I think my next pete will be a snapper, stretched to 305", hhhmmmmm, yep that sounds good and will look killer with a cattle pot. Sorry, got lost in my head again.

This is a cool lookin old school truck. Looks like something that would be pullin a set of bottom dumps down here.

Getting closer, Still need to Clear the fuel tanks as the paint used was flat.

P1153775.jpg

I cant find any type of wire to use for the pigtail and air lines , moving sure can make even the simple task difficult.

Dude.....I love it ;) Good call on the tank color, and the black bumper. Im glad to see those wheels worked out. As simple as it is, this truck is a work of art.

Jesse - I am glad you like the IP, I will write up a little how to tips (or maybe what you should not do) on my method. I use to spend hours detailing 1/72 and 1/48 aircraft IP's. I feel a little guilty as I did not put a lot of time in this one.

Last update before moving to under glass. Tanks are clearcoated (just need to BMF the step and fuel caps) , pogo stick is mounted with white glue (so I can remove it to add air lines and pigtail when I source some wire ) Lights are all installed and added a door logo .

P1163779.jpg

Thank you for following and commenting :)

Edited by Old Buckaroo

Getting closer, Still need to Clear the fuel tanks as the paint used was flat.

P1153775.jpg

I cant find any type of wire to use for the pigtail and air lines , moving sure can make even the simple task difficult.

all you need for the air lines is a good quality SOLID wire phone cable or an Ethernet cable to get the wires out of, then you can wrap them around some small rod to mimic coiled hoses.

I like this little truck! not a huge Peterbilt fan (sorry) but I really enjoy seeing any "Old School" looking truck built,reguardless of maker. Some really nice work Sean,i forgot to ask where the 5-hole steer axle wheels came from?.................................................Mark

Ditto the above positive comments to which I add whistling, hootin' & hollerin', waving my bic lighter, and assorted other hubbub. Sort of like a Lynyrd Skynrd concert....

BTW - my birthday is in April if you get really bored and want to make up a set of those mudflaps in 1/16. LOL. (I truly believe you could sell a quite few sets)

Peace.