Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Volvo VN 780....

Hey, Buddy....You pretty much "threw" that thing, together....Looks awesome.....I was going to do that with my newest Volvo, as well (steering)....I had some old MB Actros rigs that I probably won't build that will, kindly, donate their front axles to a slightly more worthy conventional.......Also toying with stretching one and adding a drom, as well....These things were made for race hauling.....No mods needed in most cases....The trucks come off the line awesome.....Great job on this one, Man....Can't wait to see that trailer.....You've definitely inspired me....Don't be surprised if some of your ideas show up in some of my work...... :D

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks for the kind words guys!...Jim... the front axle in this kit is a one piece design...the spindles are molded right on the axle, like the AMT kits are. here is a few picks of how I modified mine to be functional. I cut the spindles off the axle.....then used some small Evergreen styrene tubing and glued one to each end of the axle....then the others to the back side of the spindles, then put a pin down through the center so it will swivel. I then cut some small sq. styrene rod and 45 deg. cut , then glued that to the backing plate. Then glued two small pieces of the small styrene tube to the ends of that for the tie rod to connect to. Very simple......and does not take away from the looks of the kit parts. B)

848F9129-181F-4B64-912C-77A1EBF8A784_zps

9DC51C6B-2D0D-421F-ADF3-4CE58C30AE6D_zps

Edited by Dirt Demon

I forgot to mention a few key aftermarket parts that I used on this build like some of my others...... Plano model products for the oval mesh stainless screen that is in the front bumper as well as Rhino truck products...aluminum stacks... Ryan makes great looking stacks!

Oh.... Christopher the paint I used on the truck is Alclad gloss black then several light coats of Testors multi glitter clear..... Then toped off with 2 part automotive urethane clear. Wanted to give the truck a little twist rather than just plain old gloss black that you see all the time.

Oh.... Christopher the paint I used on the truck is Alclad gloss black then several light coats of Testors multi glitter clear..... Then toped off with 2 part automotive urethane clear. Wanted to give the truck a little twist rather than just plain old gloss black that you see all the time.

Thanks; I mostly build armour and wasn't even aware that Testors had a clear glitter, that would make for a most unstealthy tank.