Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbylinc.com

I never understood the being upset at it taking a little longer to get something when the price and reliability was right!

I was never in a big rush.

I think online shoppers in general are becoming used to the benefits of Amazon.com's way of business, where prices are fairly low, orders are often shipped same day and arrival time can range anywhere from a couple days to overnight. It's all about getting the product into the customer's hands ASAP.

Like you, I'm not usually in a big rush for modeling supplies, and most of the paints I order have to be shipped by ground anyway, so...

• 2 years later...

Do they not seal their kits? Or is it customs opening them?

Also I have two orders with them, one was shipped the 17th and I recieved it today(20th) but my order that was shipped on the 11th hasn't arrived, I am going to email them but I wonder if it's just in customs. Has anyone had similar experiences.

No, they don't shrink-wrap kits in Japan. Japanese modelers like to inspect kits before they buy them, so domestic Japanese kits are not sealed or shrink-wrapped (or is it shrunk-wrapped???)

I think N. America is the only place that shrink-wraps, most European companies use tape seals, if anything.

And I've had later orders arrive before earlier orders, usually it is a customs thing.

Edited by Brett Barrow

No, they don't shrink-wrap kits in Japan. Japanese modelers like to inspect kits before they buy them, so domestic Japanese kits are not sealed or shrink-wrapped (or is it shrunk-wrapped???)

I think N. America is the only place that shrink-wraps, most European companies use tape seals, if anything.

That's interesting. Must be nice,if we tried it here there wouldn't be much left of the kit by the time someone bought it!

Thanks,I'm not really panic cause I assumed it was probably a common occurrence with the shipping situation.

I took a 2-3 year hiatus and I forget everything,getting old is grand. Lol

Edited by Greg Cullinan

Greg, what shipping method did you use?, if you chose SAL then its about a two week wait give or take a few days, if you used EMS, the few times I have used EMS from HLJ, it took a few days to clear customs

I just checked and the order I received says express and the earlier one that is taking longer is marked standard. Glad you mentioned that. I thought I shipped both the same way. I'll get the hang of it. I like the backorders and private share house system.

• 1 month later...