Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Woodie is DONE!!!

MikeC

So finally after about 4 years of sitting on my bench its done. Irvin Arter did the paint and wood work on this. Its just amazing. I thank him once again for his help. Why did it take so long? The stance was just not right. I wish it could be lower but it is what it is I guess. So finally she can go in the case.

Tell me what you think. Sorry the pictures suck.

post-4699-1249878883_thumb.jpg

post-4699-1249878871_thumb.jpg

post-4699-1249878856_thumb.jpg

Ah, the Irv Arter of 'Arter Rake' fame. Wow, along with Lyle Willits and Tim Powers, these MAMA members really know how to detail paint wood! That Woody really came out nice, and those wheels look very cool detailed with paint. I also have one to do, and it is a LOT of wood to paint! :lol:

The detail of the wood is fantastic. I don't think that many of us who build rods don't have a build of this great kit in some stage of construction. The wheels look great, I'm not sure of the source, can you let us in on where you came up with them?

A great build all around.

That Ford looks absolutely beautoful! It's a sweet car and the level of workmanship really shines. I thought it was a kitbashed project as I never saw a '48 Ford Woodie before in my travels. if there is one of these in kit form then I REALLY need to pick one up and soon! I love Woodies and have a few in my collection that I need to finish up myself. Seeing this car has really given me some inspiration to do just that. Great job and thanks for sharing!!! :lol: