Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Beetle.... Custom WIP !

Lowlife ! !

I love it! I was a diehard VW fan...wet dubs, that is...and am now an avid Nissan enthusiast, so I am really loving this one.

One thing I want to bring to your attention. The rear axle. I love the new lower control/swing arm set up. I may borrow that for a future build. The "axle", however, is for an independent rear suspension. Meaning the differential is mounted solid and the wheels are mounted like a front wheel drive car and swing up and down independently of one another. The way you have it the swing arms are mounted to a rotating axle similar to a driveshaft.

Edited by rsxse240

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally the bugs back...........:D

Been wondering how I can fit the front screen and bonnet, and still have a dash that covers the engine, as its sits way back !  Luckily I got a 94 Firebird cheap, to use for parts and the dash is perfect !  So im using the 350z interior floor, the Pontiac dashboard and a cut down beetle screen :huh:

Should work ok, im off to try it now so hears a mock up and I will show pics when its done......  Lowlife ! !