Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just another Willys Gasser

Turbotoll

It has been a while, but I am picking up my old hobby of building model drag cars again. I’ve been doing the real thing (on a bike) for twenty years but I guess things have come full circle. The hobby room is ready and there are dozens of kits waiting to be finished. In the mean time I will post some of my old kits on these pages. Hope you will enjoy.

GjG

The Netherlands

This kit of a Willys was build in about ’93. The box was purchased from a model shop in Aachen (Germany) of all places and I started I it as a pick-up version. Not happy with the result I started again building it inspired on some Hot-Rod magazine pictures. No browsing the net back then. A regular household red and clear spray can was used for the lacquer, no model paint, and it still looks smashing after all these years. The font wheels came as leftovers from a GTX 2-1 kit, as where some decals and a racing seat from a Pontiac pro-stock. I remember the flip front to be a pain to align up with the body.

post-10904-0-43224600-1358020271_thumb.j

post-10904-0-64266700-1358020279_thumb.j

post-10904-0-51607200-1358020423_thumb.j

post-10904-0-32131900-1358020432_thumb.j

Edited by Turbotoll

• 1 month later...