Model Cars Magazine Forum

This was filling up at a gas station in the Norweigan countryside. I was kinda skeptical when the owner said it was painted in its original colour , so I snapped a picture of the VIN

sorry about the photo size , these were taken with an Iphone 4s

061.jpg

062.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

and here is the fender tag

066.jpg

Edited by Haubenschild

I've NEVER heard of a Charger 500 R/T. It was either a 500, or an R/T but I've NEVER seen or even heard of one. It should have a tiny 500 on the trunklid too, but I don't see one there. Not sayin it's NOT real, but they must REALLY be rare cause I couldn't find a 500 R/T on google either.

That's not the V.I.N. (although the V.I.N. is included herein ) , but rather the "Fender Tag" .

"XP" = Charger S.E. , and it's even equipped (originally at least) with the top engine option for the S.E. : the 330 hp 383 Magnum

( which should be Chrysler Blue by the way , not Orange ) .

The "FC7" = Plum Crazy Purple ; it also originally had a black vinyl top ( V1X ) and a factory AM-FM radio ( R22 ) , which is useless overseas :huh: .

Neat-o rig never-the-less , especially in your area !

The fender tag screws are correct, only the VIN tag on the dash is riveted on with special rivets. Color is correct. It only has the R/T stripe, other R/T parts like the side scoops are missing. Cool car and original purple is cool. Charger 500 for 1970 was not much more than a trim option, fancier door panels, some badges, no special rear window or collectability.