Model Cars Magazine Forum

Christine diarama's ?

57peppershaker

Anybody else built a 58 Plymouth into 'Christine' & used it as a diarama scene ? Be good to see pics.

Finally picked up a Pro Shop 58 Plymouth pre-painted in Christine red (so hopefully a quick build). Been on my want list for years, to pair with a Dodge Charger I built years ago as Dennis's car.

Planning a simple scene of Dennis scratching 'Darnels tonight' into Christines hood, with the Charger parked next to it & Leigh in the passeger seat.

Love to do the Catterpillar driving over Christine but aint got the skill, time or patience !

How about a "video diorama"? Like a stop-motion of Christine "fixing" herself back up in the garage!

Start with the built model, shoot a couple frames, and slowly weather the model, heat it up in spots, slowly making dents, all while taking more and more frames, slowly score the windshield, windows, etc. Basically, keep wrecking it a tiny bit more, with each frame until it's destroyed...then play the whole thing in reverse (like they did in the movie) LOL.

That would be really cool to see! It would sure be a lot of work, though, and your model would be destroyed in the end. :(

I wish I had a stop-motion camera! I almost want to do it now! :lol:

I am not so much of a diorama builder as I am a car-builder. The cards did turn out pretty good, but the diorama doesn't look up to par.

Christine200.jpg

I think that looks great, Eric! VERY nice work!

I got so excited about my video idea, that I missed your build at first. Seriously, though, I really like what you've done there. GREAT JOB! B)

• 3 months later...

I love your work on this. I've wanted to build a Christine model for years. It is hands down, my very favorite "car movie". I have a body painted and the kit is in the line to be built. I always thought it would be totally cool to build a bunch of Christine's....

First as it looked when Arnie first found it in the yard...

Then when he got it all fixed up...

Then when Buddy and his pals beat it to hell in Darnells garage...

Then being rolled on by the Caterpillar...

Finally after it came out of the crusher in a cube... (this would really be a challenge)

Doing all of those would be some loooooonnngggg hours of work. Nice to dream though.

My 58 had been missing her hood trim until a fellow modeler supplied me with a new one. Until then I was debating either building a Camaro to make use of the damaged nose or building a slightly narrower than the car door area and a fat guy. .... Pretty sure anyone in this thread knows what those builds would look like hehehe

Not in a diarama, but this pair was built by a guy off the UK Mustang forum, Steve.

christine4-1.jpg

christine2-1.jpg

The bodyshop that did work on my 57 Chevy had 1 of the Plymouths in that was used in the movie. The guy paid a LOT of $$$$'s for it & it was as rotten as a pear. Major rot, & serious bodges, ie roof held on with bondo & chicken wire, every panel had serious damage.

Think they hoped it was gonna fix itself at night !

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to see some really cool stuff about the Christine movie, all the cars they went thru to film it,and a club full of guys that own nothing but '58 Plymouths, check out

ChristinCarClub.com

I still haven't started my model yet, other than painting the body. It is definitely on the TO DO pile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...