Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1932 Ford Boyd Coddington

fseva

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, will either hood now fit and line up with both the body and the radiator shell?

Neither - due to the fact that parts of the engine would be outside the hood. I don't see how this could ever have been made to work - the engine is just too wide...

I think the question was about the top hood.

The Revell firewall appears to have been recessed into the MPC body..so there is nothing to locate the hood top in the rear.

The side of the MPC body is too short to match the Revell hood sides as well.

Real 32's with Hemis often delete the hood sides or form "bubbles" in the front to clear the valve covers.

Obviously it was easier to just leave the hood (pieces) off....

Edited by mike 51

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, will either hood now fit and line up with both the body and the radiator shell?

Whoa... now I understand what you were asking (should have read it again). I can't be sure because I made up both hoods with the sides glued in place - wanted to see if I could use them, and it was obvious... the engine was too wide and would have gone beyond the side panels.

Hey, just remembered - the radiator rod was a perfect fit! It was so close, I didn't even bother to glue it!

Edited by fseva

Reason I ask is, I'm planning to build up an old MPC Switchers unchopped 5W as a gasser, with an extra AMT Vicky body set up to "switch" onto it.

I'll prolly just use the hood top (have to check the old rules to see if that's kosher), but going by what Ace said, looks like I'll have to adjust the radiator shell in some way to match up with two different cowl heights. Hmmmmmm......