Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tornadic storms are forecast for the Chicagoland area.

Well, with yesterday's storms came golf ball sized hail!

My new 2013 Hyundai Accent SE 6 spd got nailed VERY bad with it! The car was perfect prior to the storm and now it could be totalled..... :(

The hood, roof, pass. quarter, top of pass doors.

I heard that in parts of Illinois near me (not actually by me, thank goodness, but just north), there was hail 2 1/2 inches in diameter! Ken, you must be in the area that got hit with that stuff.

Yep Harry. Work is about 10-15 minutes from the border...........A co-worker shared the video with me of my car getting pelted in the hailstorm. The dents are up to 2 1/2" across....stopped counting at 80. :(

I don't remember the details, but I read recently that one of the towns that had been hit by tornados had just rebuilt the local school, when another tornado came along and destroyed the new school! You have to wonder why nature works the way it does sometimes....

All I can say is ouch Bill. I've been hit by some hail, and it is not fun. I hope you made it okay with no serious damage!

In my immediate area there wasn't much damage, but about 60 miles east of me in the Reading area, that's where a lot of the hail damage happened. One report had stated that in a particular shopping mall, a lot of the cars were so badly damaged that they couldn't be driven away! :o

I don't remember the last time we've had such a fierce hailstorm. At least in recent years this was very bad, and it's still making the news here.

Glad to here you're okay Bill!!!

This is a nightime video I shot in Joplin Mo. in 2010. You can hear the golfball sized hail hitting the car. Fortunately I didn't lose any windows.

The hail starts at 3:00 minutes in, and the larger hail starts at 5:00 minutes in. You can actually see some of the hail coming down in front of the car...

Edited by Custom Hearse

• 2 weeks later...

We're supposed to get some rough weather here in west central Mo. today...

and tomorrow...

and the next day...

and the next day...

and the... you get the picture.

Yes Joe, that made perfect sense. Trying to get your 200 washed is like Clark W. Griswold planning the perfect vacation...