Model Cars Magazine Forum

Glow in the dark paint?

Hi All, my grandson and i are building a Jolly Roger ship model,on the box it says you can paint it to glow in the dark,Where can i find this type of paint,there is no part numbers on the box for it?.I work in a bodyshop.and have never come across it anywhere.Any help is appreciated. Thanks Harvey

There's a good glow-in-the-dark paint in the craft section at Wal-Mart as well if the craft store doesn't pan out. Just watch the labels and don't get fabric paint. Otherwise the ship will wind up looking like it's covered in snot! :lol:

Also, keep in mind that GID paints all but dissapear when they dry, so check it in the dark after each coating until you get the look you like. :)

I've had good luck with the Krylon 'Glowz' paint. It comes in 6oz spray cans and sells in the neighborhood of six to eight bucks, depending on where you get it. I've seen it in some department stores in the craft section, and most well stocked hobby shops should have it, or at least be able to order it for you. Stock number is 3150.