Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Nascar Dodge Charger Brad Keselowski

MarkJ

I really like watching this build up, might have to try one myself. As far as an engine goes, the Revell Dodge engine is little more than a Chevy with valve covers anyway.

If you use a revell Dodge engine it would not fit between the frame rails or allow enough room for a radiator. It is just too big at 1/24 scale to fit in this 1/25 scale model.

Here are some shots after the first two color priming.

fprime1.jpg

fprime3.jpg

fprime2.jpg

fprime5.jpg

fprime4.jpg

I will block sand the top white color off to reveal the gray undercoat and this should get rid of a lot of dips , scratches and pin holes.

When you first start to sand white dots ,lines and spots will appear. These are pinholes, sand scratches and depressions. The dark lines and spots that appear are high spots and ridges. If you continue to sand just until the white primer goes away you should have a pretty smooth body ready for the final primer coat. I have to decide if the final color looks better over white primer or dark gray. I sprayed two small pieces of styrene with each primer and will paint them with the blue and compare them to actual pictures of the real car to see which is closer.

firstsand1.jpg

firstsand2.jpg

firstsand3.jpg

firstsand4.jpg

Have you tried Penske's website, there should be some good pics there too I would think.

Yes, i found many photos at Brad's website but the one at Carlisle was huge and big pictures dont pixalate as badly when you reduce them to fit the model. they have more pixels per inch to start with.

If you haven't built one of these kits yet this is what the finished interior/chassis looks like.

int2.jpg

int1.jpg

With a little bit of paint you can make it look a lot better when the body is installed over it.

int4.jpg

int3.jpg

To get the 1/4 glasses to fit, first you put some masking tape behind the window opening. Then cut it out with a #11 xacto blade. Then you stick the tape to the back of the 1/4 glass and cut the excess plastic off making it a little larger than the opening. You then take sanding sticks and slowly remove material till the glass fits in the opening. All thats left is putting a new border around the glass.

gls1.jpg

gls2.jpg

gls3.jpg

gls4.jpg

gls5.jpg

gls6.jpg