Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '66 Chevelle wagon wheels/tires?

Was there ever a release of this kit that came with more stock looking wheels/tires? Of all the California Wheels editions, this thing has the worst wheels, and I was going to do this one box stock for contest. If I can find an older release with better wheel/tire options I would be deliriously happy. Any help would be appreciated.

I can solve your problem in three simple steps.

1. First, paint the spokes of the California wheels gray or black. They will look 1000% better.

2. Put them on the model and take it to the contest.

3. After the contest, take the goofy wheels off and put on whatever kind YOU like for the rest of time.

Everybody happy! B):lol:

(I can relate here because I'm not a fan of those big stupid modern wheels either.)

Ya know, I just can't do it. I can't use parts I don't like. I'll build something else box stock for competition. I'll find something better.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I can't either Rob. If I don't like it, it ain't gonna happen! You could do what S. suggested. It's easy to swap out just the wheels after they're built. If I ever do get around to building one of those wagons, I'll go with the Torque Thrust II's or the Hopsters.