Model Cars Magazine Forum

Inspiration...

Funny how things come together for inspiration. We have been working on this Pete at our shop and the more I looked at it, the more I was impressed by it. Its just a sweet rig. We are replacing a front fender and re painted the other one. I will have a completed pic next week. I have taken many reference pics. Its a 379, with a double sleeper and a 24.10 ft wheelbase. I did a quick search for a 379 kit and came up dry. I have not looked for a resin trans kit. If anybody knows of one, please speak up.

1-5_zpsb0597d2e.jpg

Hey Sam, Eric (Porky) at P&P Resins has most of what you need including the 379 conversion kit. http://ppvintagekits.com/

Eric even has the frame mounted steps if you want to get into making it that close to the pic. I think about the only thing I haven't seen is a bunk with the windows, maybe that could be the next goody Eric could add to the inventory!

Eric even has the frame mounted steps if you want to get into making it that close to the pic. I think about the only thing I haven't seen is a bunk with the windows, maybe that could be the next goody Eric could add to the inventory!

Thanks everyone, I have purchased from Eric in the past. He does very nice work. If I cant trade for what I need, he will be seeing me again. lol

• 10 months later...

Had another one of these come through the shop in silver. Beautiful truck ! So i started collecting parts again. i now have the 378 kit, the livestock trailer, and the wheels. i still am sorting out my order with eric.

What I am having trouble locating is a cat engine. I think somebody makes one and calls it "the big yellow engine" but i dont remember where I saw it. Any help would be appreciated.