Model Cars Magazine Forum

my weird car drawings.

Hornistfuller

well today, i had a vision,i was looking at steam powered car from the brass age of automobles. very steampunk. :3

http://www.steamcar.net/images/1914Stanley606PatFarrell.jpg

this car, called a stanley steamer, (no not the rug cleaner) gave me an epifanilmalinkylsmn...watever i dont know how to spell it. :P :P big words confuzzle me. anyhow, i had a thought burs, and i realised it would make a sick hot rod. this is only a prelim sketch, took me 15 mins, but if i can find a kit to convert, i will. i also thought of a whole bunch of other steampunky things to do to it.:3 stam calliopes, train wheels, the works.

stanleysteamer.jpg

Edited by bobman331

I mean no offense by this, but my first imperssion was that you had given the car a face, like Benny the Cab from the Roger Rabbit movie.

I could totally see this as a cartoon character, chugging along, playing some happy little tune through its calliope steam pipes.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good sketch, it's just that that's how it first struck me.

Regards,

David G.

naw its actualy a really bad sketch i dint ink it r anything lol. and yeah.the mismatched headlisghts do give it a cartoon look.and it is a hotrod done with an extremely rare and expensive car, so it basiclky is comedy :lol: it was just a little episode in my mind lol

but some brass era cars actualy had steam calliopes on them. i want one!lmao :lol: