Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would there be any interest in a 1969 Charger 500?

Would you buy the conversion kit?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 conversion kit?

I think the Charger 500 version looks really good. Nice to see one in resin in the future. Especially I like how the real car looks because of its headlights. Those look much better than the hideaway headlights on a regular Charger. I probably don't end up buying one, though. I'm not a Mopar guy myself and Chargers don't interest me so much that I'd spend that much money on one. But it's still very cool to see one of these done in resin and it will be interesting to see what other people do with these kits when they are out.

The 69 Charger 500 uses the same interior as the Daytona kit. If you start with the 69 Charger RT kit. You will need the Interior base with the longer package tray and rear window. If you start with the Daytona kit you would need the Charger hood and front valance.

I think it would be easier to cast the hood and valance as stated above and start with the Daytona kit as a donor.

you will also need front fenders from a 69 charger as the Daytona fenders do not have any relief for the bumper.

After trying a 500 using the roof from the MPC 500, and one with all Revell parts, I'm well on my way to another version using the Mpc kit for the body and interior,and the running gear from AMT Road Runner. This will be a Phantom/fantasy build as I plan on trying something with 1968 style side markers. I have a new ISP (COX) and my computer may let me handle posting photos less of a pain.