Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone Here Like Corsairs?

Last time I checked, I'd built an even dozen Corsairs in 1/48 scale. Photographed 'em all together one day. If anyone's interested, I have individual pics of them too.

Kits are by Monogram, Lindberg, Hasegawa, Academy, Heller (3 different kits), and Otaki. I still have kits from Hobbycraft, Tamiya, and Hasegawa (different kit) to build. Variants here include F4U-1D, F4U-4 (early), F4U-4 (mid-production), F4U-4N, F4U-5, AU-1, and F4U-7.

CorsairCircus03.jpg

CorsairCircus04.jpg

CorsairCircus05.jpg

CorsairCircus07.jpg

Awsome you like to go crazy when you like a certain subject I see. I've been wanting to do Tamiyas. Hopefully it's as good as their spitfire and mustang kits.

I hear it's the Gold Standard of Corsair models. I have two--a -1D and a -2 nightfighter--but have never built one. I'm mainly into the -4 and later versions with the 4-blade prop.

What is the biggest scale these are sold in? I normally see these in 1/48 or smaller . Not that I want an 1/25 scale or anything . LOL

Have no idea why just Love these planes .

At the moment, 1/32. Revell does the -1A (old kit but I think it was just reissued) and Tamiya has a new but very spendy -1 "Birdcage."

The Corsair is one of my favorite WWII naval fighters (right up there with the Hellcat). I'd really like to do a couple of these in 1/144.

Don't forget, 1/144 scale is 1/6 scale in 1/24 scale. Would make a nice RC model for a diorama, if you get my drift. B)