Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 NOVA SS

modeltech

well, here is another one i have been thinkin about for awhile, i wanted to add the drivetrain and suspension and all from a corvette Z06 to another car like i did with my 62 belair and i was lookin threw all my kits and i came across my trumpter 63 nova ss convertible kit and said perfect!! here are some mock-up pics of the wheels underneath her!!! let me know what you all think!!

sddd.jpg

ddddd.jpg

Edited by modeltech

Be sure to lower that windshield. It's a very nice kit but the windshield is way too high.

thank you for that Lyle i will make sure to do that!! lookin at it, it does look high!! thanks for the comments guys, there should be some more progress on this one in a little while!!

Should look great. I had the same idea also. I got stuck in some of the details (and other kits). I was trying to figure out what to do to the windshield. Most people say its too high, but some people say it looks right. So I don't know. Keep us posted.

Mike

Should look great. I had the same idea also. I got stuck in some of the details (and other kits). I was trying to figure out what to do to the windshield. Most people say its too high, but some people say it looks right. So I don't know. Keep us posted.

Mike

thanks Mike, and i will keep ya all posted!! well, i got a wild idea that i just might use!! still plan on all the vette front and rear suspension and vette interior, so the problem with that would be the vette has no back seat!! so why not delete the backseat in the nove and add a spedster top to it??? lol!! what do ya all think?

000_00081-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

000_00081-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by modeltech

I got both the coupe and the convertible. While they got the windshield frame correct on the coupe, somewhere along the line they goofed when the convertible was being engineered on the computer monitors. :rolleyes:

Here's a few comparison pics to show................I took these not long after the kit was first intro'd.

Coupe windshield measured with dividers...........

P8150001-vi.jpg

Convertible windshield frame before it was lowered.............

P8070033-vi.jpg

Convertible frame after it was lowered........

P8150002-vi.jpg

P8120001-vi.jpg

I had to take about 2 scale inches out of the convertible's frame to get it the same size as the coupe. According to my 1:1 specs of the car, both styles used the same size windshield in '63. :rolleyes:

I like the speedster idea, lots of potential. I built this kit stock a few years ago, the windshield looked tall on mine, slammed down like yours seems to amplify that somewhat. I'd throw a pic up but I can't seem to find it. Also, watch out for the hood, it's a bit tricky to get it to look and fit nice, and lacquer paint wreaked havoc on mine, it swelled the plastic pretty bad. A good sealer is a must.

I like the speedster idea, lots of potential. I built this kit stock a few years ago, the windshield looked tall on mine, slammed down like yours seems to amplify that somewhat. I'd throw a pic up but I can't seem to find it. Also, watch out for the hood, it's a bit tricky to get it to look and fit nice, and lacquer paint wreaked havoc on mine, it swelled the plastic pretty bad. A good sealer is a must.

Thanks for these tips fellas!!! i will be using real car paint so i hope i wont have those issues with the swelling! i think the speedster look can work special with the vette dash and seats!!

Bill Geary chopping a top, what has this forum done to you????? :P:D :D

BTW Modeltech, Corvettes do make great donor kits, the AMX in my sig has a Callaway Vette chassis,interior, and twin turbo setup with a ZR-1 engine, though it's not quite finished yet.

ahhhh ya now thats what i am talkin about!! kitbashing at its best!!!

Hey, great direction. Why not kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Since you are going with the Vette theme, why not use the vette windshield? You will probably need to cut into the cowl, but you can probably get the hood to go all the way back to the windshield and hide the wipers under the hood.

Mike

Hey, great direction. Why not kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Since you are going with the Vette theme, why not use the vette windshield? You will probably need to cut into the cowl, but you can probably get the hood to go all the way back to the windshield and hide the wipers under the hood.

Mike

ohhh yessssssss!!! heck of a good idea!!!! let me look into this!!! thanks Mike!!