Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rogers FG35D trailer (07-08-14 update)

Thank you Alain. You're absolutely correct. The lower part of the cylinder should be below the ramp hinge axis. I will make cylinder mounting plates for this correction.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's certainly been awhile since I've worked on this. Here's some progress pics of what's been done the past few days...

Suspension test fit:

IMG_1407_zps00755b20.jpg

Completion of deck plates:

IMG_1409_zpscb61ee89.jpg

IMG_1414_zpsfcc14dfa.jpg

Mock-up before painting:

IMG_1418_zps4326f0f5.jpg

IMG_1419_zpsc58f1d06.jpg

I hope to begin painting tomorrow. Well,that's all for now...thanks for looking :)

Thanks everyone...not sure if I should weather the wood flooring or not. I found a "recipe" online for weathering wood. It's a mix of vinegar and steel wool.

It's been fermenting for 3 months now, I'll try a sample piece and post the results :)

Dennis very beautiful work,is that thou hast decided not to change the location of the cylinders of the ramps?or thou hast forgotten?

Thank you Alain...I've attached the pictures that show the fixed end of the cylinder has been moved lower (hopefully enough).

IMG_1427_zpsb30251b3.jpg

IMG_1425_zpsdc28c5db.jpg

it looks as though thou hast not forgotten :D

now goest and weather-ist some deck boards ;)

Thanks Tom :D I'm using balsa wood and applied some of my home-made hooch....not sure about the results. I also tried Future. To my surprise it gives the wood a slight silver-gray patina after the first coat :blink: