Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otb For The New Year

Ken

Ok, once work finally got out of the way and the ice melted, I was able to get back to the bench. Dug around in the stash, cause I just have to start a new project... no reason to actually finish one :P Anyway, I decided on a skyline. I had these two in the stash

skyline3.jpg

I decided to combine the two, which were bought cheap enough to justify it, to create a road going monster. Here is the initial mockup with paint...

skyline1.jpg

Unfortunately, the paint did not come out well and the mold lines showed up for a second time. Into the purple pond it goes. It is still in there as we speak. I did move it to the 91% alcohol earlier today as the purple stuff was having no effect on the paint. The interior is a combination of the two kits. Surprisingly enough, the Tamiya rollcage fit right into the Aoshima interior without much modification. I did have to scratch up some rear down braces. Haven't decided on an interior color or scheme just yet.

skyline2.jpg

The new paint, will be an undercoat of Testors AMC silver metallic and an overcoat of Tamiya Metallic Blue.

I am in the same state as Marc Nellis... exhaustion No, I am in Oklahoma. Still not done with the power outages though. Lost power this morning for a couple of hours. Tree limbs that were broken in the ice storm, with the wind of the last couple of days, are starting to fall across the power lines. :lol:

I am in the same state as Marc Nellis... exhaustion No, I am in Oklahoma. Still not done with the power outages though. Lost power this morning for a couple of hours. Tree limbs that were broken in the ice storm, with the wind of the last couple of days, are starting to fall across the power lines. :lol:

Depends what day it is. State of Exhaustion, State of Confusion, State of Insanity...you get the picture.

I am in the same state as Marc Nellis... exhaustion No, I am in Oklahoma. Still not done with the power outages though. Lost power this morning for a couple of hours. Tree limbs that were broken in the ice storm, with the wind of the last couple of days, are starting to fall across the power lines. B)

Just watch out for those falling limbs!!! My head can not take another smack from a TREE!!! LOL!!