Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chinese Food?

Do hunters worry about the purity of the meat since the environment is pretty much poluted? I've heard those concerns.

In NJ there was a restaurant that had an annual venison dinner to benefit a charity. The event got shut down over concerns that they were serving non FDA meat that there was no way of knowing it's history. I know that much of the fish and sea products we buy in markets comes from the wild and they allow it to be sold in markets and restaurants though.

Not really. I suspect there have been more issues with FDA 'approved' beef than any wild harvested game and I try the best I can to incorporate safe handling practices throughout the process. Yes we will all die no matter what we eat. I just prefer to feel good physically before that time comes and healthy diet is just one the areas I like to control that effects my well being.

Speaking of expired beef...not too long ago (well, a few years back) one grocery store chain here got caught gassing old hamburger with carbon-monoxide (colorless, tasteless) to make the outside of it stay nice and fresh-looking pink.

Gassing meat is (or was until very recently) approved by the good ol' FDA, under certain guidelines.

It's also BANNED in Canada, Japan and the European Union.

Americans screwing Americans, no Chinese necessary.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I'm with Jake, No Fast Food. It's junk. Junk food, why eat it?

Not nutritiuos, full of corn starch, full of chemicals that make food taste like real food, overpriced and often prepared / served in a filthy environment.

"Modern" food processing is not for me. Lots of folks are getting fatter by the day eating the stuff. I'll pass.

Michael

Exactly. Overprocessed garbage. I used to love fast food when I was younger but got tired of that 'gross and lethargic' feeling after eating it. While a lot of places have come to offer healthier options in recent years some places just seem to want to go the other way with it. Has anyone seen the Jack in the Box 'Hella Pena burger? I think I had a stroke just passing a billboard of one of those. So gross.

....gassing meats! Yuk.

Here in Germany they're putting oxygen in the sealed plastic containers. It makes the meat super red and it stays that way longer. The big time processing companies have flooded supermarkets with the stuff, but consumers are becoming more aware.

If that's not enough, the poultry industry again gets the prize for being the most obnoxious cheating food suppliers. One scandal after the next, the last one being motor oil in the feed. Supposedly made the feed easier for the poor chickens to eat.

Oh, what about tons, I mean tons of horsemeat in the "100% pure ground beef" !! There is no end to it, chemicals in al of the packaged foods, "taste enhancement" they call it, and in the same breath they say it's completely legal. Well, governments are not at all liable, and laws cannot protect us from criminal acts. Loopholes and big money.

Meats from the supermarket? No, I'll pass. Convenience foods, nope. No more sausage either.

"Hella Pena Burger"? lol. That sounds like a winner for sure!

Michael