Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 lx mustang street car finished! 8/1/14

Jason,

You've done an excellent job of fitting your bars together so there aren't gaps. That is an accomplishment, in and of itself. It's looking good, my friend!

Thank you Scott, maybe one day I'll be building immaculate builds like yours!

Thanks Jason. Just as an fyi, I'm using around .080" size cage tubing for most of my Fairmont build, so it's not like there's anything wrong with going a bit oversize, even though it isn't quite as accurate to scale. For us not-quite-so-young guys, working with the larger tubing is a bit easier; at least it is for me.

I got a slight update, had some testors gloss black laying around so I decided to test spray it on the hood, I'll let it dry then sand it and clear it to see how it come out, I also got another primer coat on the rest of the cage drying right now as well as paint the radiator

2946EBB6-5174-467F-ACEE-5E0ABE6D9ABD_zps

Thanks everybody, I made the headers in about 10 minutes to just see how something like that would fit and what id have to do to make them fit, if I decide to go with a BBC then I'll have to do forward facing headers. Not sure if I'll go with the tunnel ram, single dominator on a single plane intake with maybe some nitrous or possibly, but probably not, put a supercharger on it.

Edited by Dragfreak

I haven't mastered a gloss black paint job yet from the looks of how it came out so I stripped the black and did a test shot of some plasticoat Nissan orange we had for painting the grill inserts on our 1 ton Chevy pickup. It layed down really nice besides the nice speck of dust that landed on it -_- I got the body drying in primer as of now.

BD27D535-9835-4A23-8919-114B0F99A022_zps

AC1356DF-AAA7-445E-BAF8-FD18187F1881_zps

D4411EF3-5A46-4ED2-9032-571F8FDCF750_zps

BCBB84BD-2FE9-4EB3-B2EE-F3B659FE0466_zps

Edited by Dragfreak

Love it! I used that color on my blown nova a couple years back. Orange but not slap you in the face orange

Thanks Fred, after the disaster with black I found this stuff and I absolutely love it! It layed down so smooth, no orange peel at all, just a little smoothing and polishing after I get a can of clear for it possibly tomorrow.

Edited by Dragfreak

It just keeps getting better!! Looks extremely Fast just sitting there.

Thank you Brian I think I've got the stance a lot better than the first mockup. That and the color it think really looks good

Cool thanks looks pretty sick good choice over the red

I think red would look good on it too but everybody builds rd cars so it's a little different