Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 lx mustang street car finished! 8/1/14

Looking good. Nice color choice, and the stance is more appropriate for the car- not so '70's looking.

Thanks, I'm quite a bit happier with the new stance from the mockup, hopefully nothing changes and it stays the same. I just bought some clear so expect a paint update with shiny stuff coming up.

looking real good Jason. color goes real well with that body style (although I am partial to black cars). shaping up to be another nice build from you. keep them coming young man. you have me motivated to turn some of my pro street projects to drag cars.

looking real good Jason. color goes real well with that body style (although I am partial to black cars). shaping up to be another nice build from you. keep them coming young man. you have me motivated to turn some of my pro street projects to drag cars.

Thank you Al, what do you think of the new wheels?

that is looking sharp Jason,what polish do you use?the different is really noticeable.The rear tyres fill the wheel arches perfectly!

Here's everything I use to cut & polish, a polishing kit with course to fine sheets of paper and then to finish and remove small scratches I use the meguiars

64BAF3B0-0A16-49FE-AB9A-570C28185251_zps

Edited by Dragfreak

Whoa!

Nice build Man!

I really like the color choice and

Your cage work is fantastic!!

I hope to excute it as well as You did!!

Fantastic work!!

Thank You for sharing with Us

Looking forward to more

Later

Russ

;)

Thanks Russ, I've noticed my skills greatly improving as time goes on!

Very, very nice Jason. You've done an outstanding job...

Thanks Scott, much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good looking paint job! I like the color too, fits very well on Mustang. I agree, I'm not a fan of polishing either, it's one of the most annoying things in model building. Anyway the results sure are nice just like this one.

I've always been a fan of clean, clear windows, on 1:1 cars and models too... so all the details are easy to see... you did a great job in coloring in the trim on the windows and tinting them... did you use the Sharpie????

Thank you Tyrone, I understand what you mean about clear windows, the detail you do on interiors is definatey something to show off. I'll try tinting the rear one, but if it doesn't work I'll scrap the idea. I used a brand new sharpie with a nice point on the tip. I carefully followed the dulled lines making about two coats.

Edited by Dragfreak