Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Magic

brett

Brett... This is looking great Bud!! and its coming along nice. Very nice job what you have done to the body so far. Looks great with you removing the rear louvered window and adding in the sheet like you did as well as the "snorkle" on the hood. Is this 1/16th or 1/25th scale. Keep up the great work.

Well I put some primer on and l took some primer off sanded for high low spots) then I put some primer on and when I sanded it back off I was pretty happy with it (dang there goes my song). In between primer drying times I painted a few bits and started engine detailing. Oil lines

DSCF8040.jpg

Yes I know the sumps not painted but I dont want the paint to rub off with all the handling

Blower manifold plumbed and plug wires done

DSCF8041.jpg

DSCF8042.jpg

test fits one and two

DSCF8044.jpg

DSCF8045.jpg

tomorrow I will mock the headers up for the body cutouts then start laying some colors down as That will be the most time consuming job of the whole build

Thanks guys, appreciate it :), Well I know why I dont do low riders now. 2hrs of masking to do the yellow pin strips and looks like another 2 to do the orange ones ::). Anyways pretty happy with how they've come out and gave free handing the name a go as my mask didnt work.

DSCF8045-2.jpg

DSCF8044-2.jpg

DSCF8043-1.jpg

little bit more work on the name I think it will be fine, hope you all have a safe and merry xmas

ps Niko, no clear yet

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Darryl, nearly made myself go blind today (no not like that ) I did the rest of the engine detailing (well most of it ). All A/N fittings are scratch built out of toys twist ties and hex styrene drilled then rounded off ends. Fuel shut off and throttle linkages are bits of coke can.

DSCF8076.jpg

DSCF8079.jpg

test fit

DSCF8085.jpg

as you can see the body's being remasked for the orange pinstirping and tiding up some of the orange bits,

all hooked up in the chassis

DSCF8088.jpg

DSCF8087.jpg

still need to do the accelerator linkages and spring paint the sump and redo the headers in flat black.

Thanks for checking in

thanks guys. appreciate the nice comments

Now you're cookin' with gas, or nitro, whatever. Nice job of making the fittings and throttle links. Drilling that hex is lots of fun, right?

In a word no :D but I'm too tight to buy the pro stuff :lol::wacko: . Just a pity you gotta make five to get two :( ( when they shoot out of the tweezers to the modelling gods)

thanks guys. appreciate the nice comments

In a word no :D but I'm too tight to buy the pro stuff :lol::wacko: . Just a pity you gotta make five to get two :( ( when they shoot out of the tweezers to the modelling gods)

I thought I was the only one that happened tooo! Edited by vintagedragfan