Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ardun Head V12 Flathead

so at the NNL West yesterday someone had a resin V12 (presumably Lincoln) Flathead with Ardun Heads in 1/8th scale. looked pretty impressive but he wants if i recall correctly 185 for the kit. my question: is there a real life prototype for this or is it a figment of his imagination? if the latter it is still pretty awesome...i think it came with a 12 port injection system or it could have been 6 two-barrel carbs, i forget and darn i shoulda taken a picture.

thanks in advance!

thanks, yeah i got his card in case i come up with a spare two hundred (stranger things have happened) because this engine would cause me to rethink another project i got going with an offy motor thats half built at the moment.

this Arden flattie looked to be 3D printed...is that correct? it wasnt very rough on the outer surface though, but i didnt get a chance to talk to the guy and ask if the kit there was already prepped or if it came just like that (i would assume the latter). if i remember correctly he had an unassembled kit of an Ardun V8, plus build ups of the V8 and the V12 and maybe a partial build of something.

yep shoulda taken a picture! every bit worth a thousand words in this case! maybe one will show up in someones pictorials linked from the nnl west page.

Below is a picture from last year's NNL. I haven't had time to look at my 2013 pics yet so I don't know if I photographed it this years with the alternate injector setup.

BTW Bill, I really enjoyed seeing the Tognotti King T, Wilhelms Wild Dream, Surfite and the little roadsters "in the flesh" as it were. Nice stuff!. And I'm sure I photographed them!

DSCF9493.jpg

here is a link to another site he has the stuff posted on.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/large-scale-cars/55795-ardun-kits-v8-v12-2.html

it is a resin copy that you will recieve not a 3-d printed one.

his email is in the post.

Yeah, that's h how it was shown at this years show. In his post he says "the Lincenstein has come a long way from last years model". So true. This year it was a knockout!

23273d1361221404-ardun-kits-v8-v12-son-l

• 2 weeks later...