Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Magnum

Cesar Bossolani

Front suspension almost done.

magnum_116.jpg

magnum_117.jpg

magnum_118.jpg

magnum_119.jpg

Engine compartment almost done also. All as possible was plumbed and wired... Wire was revested with Kyosho 0,7mm tape to looks like a real car.

magnum_120.jpg

magnum_121.jpg

Hemi in place... All of sensors was wired like as throttle sensors, air flow sensor, vaccum hose etc....

magnum_122.jpg

magnum_123.jpg

Now need some cleaning in there because it's a "showcar"... So it'll looks like as new!!

Thanks to see!! All feedback are welcome!

Cesar

Guest Sickfish

Bro... What can i say... Fantastico! This is the 1st modern Hemi i have seen wired/plumbed! & it's spot on! 

You made really great shocks! 

Cheers Cliffo 

• 1 month later...

Updating!

Last engine pic outside of the body.

magnum_124.jpg

I did wheels logo with 5 min epoxi glue.

Before

magnum_125.jpg

After

magnum_126.jpg

I'm closing the car... Most difficult part, especially in the Magnum... The things doesn't fit like on pre-assembly did.

magnum_128.jpg

magnum_127.jpg

And no courage no put chassi in the body... Needs a lot of patience and time... Will be in another day!

By the way, I need to thank my great mate Cliffo again for windows. Without them my model didn't came to this.

Thank you my Mopar bro!!!

Feel free to post!

Cheers!

Cesar

Guest Sickfish

Bro you have done amazing job so far... Can't stop now, chassis has to go on sooner or later & we all know you will do it perfectly! 

Windows or anything else bro... You are most welcome, I help my Brazilian Mopar bro out ANYTIME! 

Cheers, Cliffo!

• 2 months later...

New updates... Next 20th will be one year aniversary build... Too slow... But I was too busy last year and thanks all to see and patience.

Frame is body now but I have some work to do yet. Then I only have this weekend to do it and no more build again for a while :(

magnum_129.jpg

magnum_130.jpg

magnum_131.jpg

magnum_132.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Cesar

Talk about stuffing 10 pounds of something into a 3 pound bag...

That, my friend, is what we in Indiana call a 'Blivet'!

I just discovered this thread... Don't ask me how I missed it all this time... I am beyond impressed! I have a new Charger in the works and am really inspired by this build! I think I'm going to go in a different direction with it now...lol!

Unfortunately my build doesn't running in the expected speed. Was too much hard to assembly and align tail gate with body/lens/glass

1st I glued glass in place with tail gate closed and aligned.

magnum_133.jpg

So, tail gate has own life and want to be opened in down position. Then I glued some wires to push it down and keep it closed.

magnum_134.jpg

I found a better adjustment for inner panel in place with tail gate opened. Then put epoxi glue, then I closed tail gate then used some tape to keep all close and aligned.

magnum_135.jpg

Tail gate didn't keep closed yet. So, I found a latch in inner panel and it was far to the body. I used 0,5mm styrene and ok!! Tail gate works now!!

magnum_136.jpg

magnum_137.jpg

I'm really tired, because I did all pre-assembly before paint job and all was fixed... But in final assembly are too much hard to put all together than pre-assembly.

I must confessed also. Isn't distraction/hobby... I did this in the same time was spent in 350Z polishing job and was very fun build.

Thanks to see.

Cesar

I had the same issues with my tailgate, I added a piece of steel to the bottom edge of the tailgate, and a few earth magnets under the floor board, did the trick for me! Beautiful paint BTW, Black is always one of the hardest colors to get looking really good!

Edited by Custom Mike

Guest Sickfish

Bro it's looking close to finish.... Fantastic re-alignment job... I knew you smart enough to fix problem ;-) .... Now just add chassis & boom... Finish... After 1 year!!

Saude Cliffo!

• 11 months later...

Merry Xmas Fellas!

After 11 months without put a finger in this build, yesterday I decided finish it.

I re-polished machined lips and painted scratchbuild intake tube and element.

Still need mirrors, wings, put brake lines in calipers, some detail and touch up before finishing.

I hope you like it and feel free to critics and comments.

magnum_138.jpg
magnum_139.jpg
magnum_140.jpg
magnum_141.jpg
magnum_142.jpg
magnum_143.jpg
magnum_144.jpg
magnum_145.jpg