Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '53 Ford Pickup 3'n1

Check the truck review section Tom. It has all the info you need on the new reissue. I think it's just a few parts and wheel covers that were missing from the original issue.

nothing added but the six-spoke wheel covers and deletion of the Goodyear wide oval tires. same kit as always. great kit, just nothing remarkable. better decals than the "Loss Arc Welding" stuff from the blue truck era.

fuss has been made that the tampo-printed tires will only work with the stock rims; not entirely true. by careful modification of the wheel backs to the moon capped chrome reverse wheels, they can be properly narrowed.

As far as I know Tom the only new parts are the retooled "custom" wheel trims that came in the original trophy issue, also the decal sheet is a copy of the original, apart from that its the same kit, I have two of the version you have above, I love them great old kits.

Check out the photos here of the newer issues contents

http://www.modelcarbuildermag.com/53ford.html

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, i'm not overly impressed with them, either. if they could restore the torq-thrusts to it, that'd be nice. i like the moons, though. it would be nice if they attended to the growing flash issues with it, too; otherwise, i love the kit. always builds up nice.

• 7 years later...