Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Enthusiast kit community build

timc

• 2 weeks later...

Your pictures are light years ahead of most of us....especially mine

Great work on this car and close to my heart.....my first was an '89 Civic Si

Might just have to modify the fujimi kit and make her.

I think I will fire up the Ferrari and join in here when I finish my MG; more fun building in a group and getting motivation that way. Just need to finish!!!

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Finished up the Vette and cleaned the bench last night. Got the Countach out and started organizing it. Would be nice to know Japanese, there's alot of special notes in the instructions and I have no idea what they are.

That CRX is looking good. My favorite Honda.

Finished up the Vette and cleaned the bench last night. Got the Countach out and started organizing it. Would be nice to know Japanese, there's alot of special notes in the instructions and I have no idea what they are.

That CRX is looking good. My favorite Honda.

I was thinking and doing the same last night....other than finishing my kit and cleaning up!

Had the F40 parts and instructions out and noticed mostly Japanese writing. I have a patient who is a translator, but the modelling jargon may get lost in translation.

Hope to get moving soon on it, not allowing two builds at once on the bench

had a nice relaxing evening planned but couldn't help get into this before settling down. The body looks as straight as I can see with my eyes. The main body/wheel molding is a bit warped but the plan is to glue it to the body before painting so working along it with plastic weld little by little shouldn't be a problem.

She's much bigger than the 24th scale F40 that's also going to be back on the bench.

20150202_183502.jpg

And apparently it used to be motorized. Some scraping and a dab of putty will fix that.

20150202_195046.jpg

The ignition wire and springs for the coil overs.

20150202_200534_HDR.jpg

There are three chrome trees and each is a different type of chrome. The wheels are a nice satin chrome, looks very much like polished aluminum. The middle tree is a nice bright silver. And the right is a very shiny chrome!

20150202_200805_HDR.jpg

It's way too early to be freaking out about this kit, but I'm getting a little freaked out about this kit! These diagrams seem to just be a "schematic" rendering of the instructions but in trying to understand them they are confusing me!

20150202_202043.jpg

And I have no idea what this hole is for? What goes into it? can it be seen when the kit is complete? Total mystery!

20150202_204455.jpg

This step in the instructions makes it even more puzzling. Mystery arrow!

20150202_202912.jpg

The fit of the transmission halves was not that spectacular.

20150202_192508.jpg

So I cut off the locator pegs, scuffed the edges, and let the plastic weld do it's job.

Much better!

20150202_195501.jpg

But I got the main engine pieces together and will get some other parts cleaned and in primer soon.

20150202_204605_HDR.jpg

Edited by Toast

Yea all Fujimi instructions seems to be difficult. My instructions do not even contain paint codes for all parts lol.

Thanks for the positive comments Ryan. That looks like its going to be a fun kit.

The below pic is not fantastic as I do not have steady hands for close up. I tried adding some detail to the dashboard but it was just ehh.. The green color I painted on the area that should be the radio display face dried to dark to see. Same with the clear red that was supposed to be the dark red clear clock face. Oh well.. some detail is better than none.

Dashboard-X2.jpg

Cool, thanks for the info. I did some google photo browsing this morning and found some good reference photos of Countach engines. Managed to find a few of this kit as well and that hole is visible when the model is complete so I will fill it in before painting.

And for how detailed this kit is I noticed there are a few important details that aren't included. No coolant hoses? there is the start of the coolant hose setup in the kit but it ends where the real one branches apart to go to each radiator.

That little nub (S22) is all the kit provides for a coolant hose.

20150203_133222.jpg

Here you can see how the upper and lower coolant hoses run.

AY0F1734.jpg

And no accessory belts. By the pictures I found online it's tough to tell how the accessories are driven but there is at least one external belt. I'm thinking this could be replicated easily but funny they omitted it.