Model Cars Magazine Forum

A MOST POST-APOCALYPSE 2012 TO YOU TOO

Folks, as you've all heard, the world is supposed to end in 2012 (I don't believe it, but let's play along) and I am wondering how many of you would be interested in participating in a 2012 POST APOCALYPSE MODEL BUILDING CONTEST.

I am posted here to get your attention, but also to gauge interest before I move it over to COMMUNITY BUILDS where I will formalize the information, the rules, the prizes, judges and other stuff.

Let me know. And this time, it's for control of the world!

Let's hear from you.

Cole, don't worry, we'll bring you up to speed shortly. Most people would think of Mad Maxx, but I think it's a lot more. In my case, I like to always think of Zombies, a Toothless Zombie Horde, etc . . .

It's merely a way to get people to do lots of kit-bashing and have a blast with their imagination. Most of the time EVERYTHING GOES.

I think this time, I'm even thinking of both SHINY AND RUSTY vehicles.

Wow, Chuck, thanks for coming to the rescue.

Yes, those are great examples, and your inspiration can come from movies, books, video games . . . real life.

The idea is to have fun.

I am thinking that instead of money (like last time) I am going to have goodies, all sorts of goodies.

Airbrush, kits, supplies, etc . . . I am still ironing out the details.

Thanks, everyone. Derrick, you are casting Zombies. Please tell us more. If you do, will you be--how can I say this?--putting them out on the market?

I think this time I see no reason for not having the option of making the vehicles shiny. It's an alternative. Rust & Shiny can get along in the world, right?

Again, I am ironing out some details, but I won't be ready for any information release until the new year.

Your input, of course, is expected and greatly appreciated.