Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford Coupe-Done 11-5-12

slammedi'am

Well it started raining here today so I figured Id get somewhat started on another one...This is just mock up for now....Would like to find some more chrome stellies but may paint the ones that came with the kit...This is the AMT kit

001-21.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-21.jpg

Edited by slammedi'am

Modelhaus makes some really nice chrome steelies. I had the same chrome wheels on my fenderless '40 that you have now. I bought a set from Modelhaus and they really made a big difference in it's appearence.

i've built this kit several times and i have Revell's version that i just can't complete the way i want... IMHO the Revell has too much detail getting in the way when you want to customize the car. great if you stick to THEIR way, but not as easy to modify as the AMT or the Lindberg versions. i have one i built in So-Cal type red scallops on a white body, deleted running boards... one in pale pearl green with white interior.... they're like Styrene crack. can't stop with just one!

they look great with the rake like you've got it. looking forward to more pics!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...