#121 ModlerChris1987

ModlerChris1987

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Kuhn

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hey I'm going to do this, I have an amt 70 1/2 camaro I'm going to merge with the chassis of the amt of the 66 nova

#122 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm thinking with an AMT '67 Mustang front clip and the remainder of the underbody from a '66 Pro Street Nova, I might be onto something.

Thoughts?

I think you're definitely onto something there Chuck! You may actually be lucky enough to retain the Nova's frame rails up front and just use the suspension pieces from the Mustang. If you have one, I would check the fit of the chassis from the Matt and Debbie Hay Thunderbird or the pro street Lincoln. They would get it down nice and low. So far, I've used the Thunderbird chassis under a '64 Fairlane, 49 Ford coupe and a '56 Ford Crown Victoria (unfinished) It's an easily adaptable chassis. Plus, it has all of the pro street parts needed and a nice Ford powertrain. BTW, did you ever finish the Olds pro streeter?

#123 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,346 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'm thinking with an AMT '67 Mustang front clip and the remainder of the underbody from a '66 Pro Street Nova, I might be onto something.

Thoughts?

I kind of like the nose on the Falcon, so I would keep that and add the '67 Mustang's fastback to the Falcon's body.

#124 HNTR

HNTR

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Wrobo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

In the middle doing the tedious work on my Licoln LSC engine and needed a break so I took some pics of the wip, figured that would give me a good reason to take that break. All comments welcome.

DSCN1487_zps16340dab.jpg

DSCN1488_zps686b04be.jpg

DSCN1489_zpsa0911e0d.jpg

Yes. I touch up all the paint when I am done.

Edited by HNTR, 19 January 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#125 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

BTW, did you ever finish the Olds pro streeter?

No- unfortunately that got crushed by a box falling off a shelf above my workbench when it was about 98% done. I'm planning on using what's left of it on another one, just not sure when.

#126 vc273

vc273

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Full Name:steve

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Just a quick update on how the coronet is going. Work been slow due to school holidays but back to school next week cant wait. Wasn't happy with the fuel tank so have made up another and have made up the side panels for the trunk. Have also mocked up the battery and nos bottle in the trunk as-well just to see how everything fits. Have also decided on a change of rims to give it a more uniformed and modern look. Mocked up the dohc hemi to see how she looks and have added the scoop from the dick landy charger kit trying to keep it all mopar. Long weekend coming up so with a bit of luck will be able to give it a bit of paint if i can figure what colour scheme i will go for possibly black roof with white body. Cheers and thanks for looking.

65dodgecoronet027_zpsd48def9b.jpg65dodgecoronet028_zps8a472ec6.jpg65dodgecoronet029_zpsabac612f.jpg65dodgecoronet030_zpsc1f516e8.jpg65dodgecoronet031_zpsc56edb14.jpg65dodgecoronet032_zpsb63f48de.jpg65dodgecoronet033_zps2708fe87.jpg65dodgecoronet026_zps05e8a9ff.jpg

#127 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Just a quick update on how the coronet is going. Work been slow due to school holidays but back to school next week cant wait. Wasn't happy with the fuel tank so have made up another and have made up the side panels for the trunk. Have also mocked up the battery and nos bottle in the trunk as-well just to see how everything fits. Have also decided on a change of rims to give it a more uniformed and modern look. Mocked up the dohc hemi to see how she looks and have added the scoop from the dick landy charger kit trying to keep it all mopar. Long weekend coming up so with a bit of luck will be able to give it a bit of paint if i can figure what colour scheme i will go for possibly black roof with white body. Cheers and thanks for looking.

looking really cool!! sitting pretty good.... that hemi fills that engine bay up real nice!!

#128 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

No- unfortunately that got crushed by a box falling off a shelf above my workbench when it was about 98% done. I'm planning on using what's left of it on another one, just not sure when.

Sorry to hear that Chuck. That was a nice looking model the last I saw of it.

I have the roll cage made on my Duster project. It's just a street style six point, nothing fancy. I'm not really happy with the bars up front,so I may change those. I'm almost ready to take it apart and start the primer and paint process.

#129 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

65 looks good Steve. The stance you have so far is perfect.

#130 vc273

vc273

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Thanks guys for all of the positive responses to the 65 coronet, makes me want to finish it off but as they say patience is a virtue and hate rushing things. Cheers

#131 HNTR

HNTR

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Would there be a problem if I built something like this?? 

clkdragster1_zps62a5d658.jpg

clkdragster3_zps448d50fd.jpg

From a kit like this???

TAM00024290_0_l_zpsbf363b7a.jpg

and still built my Lincoln LSC for this CBP???

#132 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

You can build whatever you want..........as long as it fits the "street legal" theme of Pro Street.

#133 vc273

vc273

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hi decided to add another build to the list while ideas for the coronet come to me. Started a 64 plymouth belvedere as a glue bomb, stripped paint and modified a 70 coronet pro street chassis. Going to use the original 426 with minor mods and stock body work and interior. Used the rims from the dodge daytona kit and parts box tyres Wanted the look of being original until you see the rear end. Cheers and thanks for looking.

64plymouthbelvedere004_zpsc7c19b2b.jpg64plymouthbelvedere002_zpsee6666bd.jpg64plymouthbelvedere001_zpsc2c47447.jpg64plymouthbelvedere005_zps6310d9bc.jpg

#134 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Hi decided to add another build to the list while ideas for the coronet come to me. Started a 64 plymouth belvedere as a glue bomb, stripped paint and modified a 70 coronet pro street chassis. Going to use the original 426 with minor mods and stock body work and interior. Used the rims from the dodge daytona kit and parts box tyres Wanted the look of being original until you see the rear end. Cheers and thanks for looking.

64plymouthbelvedere004_zpsc7c19b2b.jpg64plymouthbelvedere002_zpsee6666bd.jpg64plymouthbelvedere001_zpsc2c47447.jpg64plymouthbelvedere005_zps6310d9bc.jpg

hey.... cut it out already !!! i have enough problems getting to the bench to do 1 build, you keep throwing another and another.... are you married? have kids? do you have extra hours in the day over there in Australia !!! ahhhh, i'm just jelious. gonna be a killer build. the more the marrier!!!!

#135 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Would there be a problem if I built something like this?? 

clkdragster1_zps62a5d658.jpg

clkdragster3_zps448d50fd.jpg

From a kit like this???

TAM00024290_0_l_zpsbf363b7a.jpg

and still built my Lincoln LSC for this CBP???

sure... another one doing multiple builds !! love the unusual !!! build on.......  i'd keep everything stock, even use the engine, just tub it out. be a very interesting build.

#136 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Actually working on the Falcon!

F002_zps5ba77fbd-vi.jpg

As Roger (plowboy) suggested, I fit the '67 Mustang suspension to the Nova frame, after I'd ground off the Nova's engine mounts, lower control arm mounts, and the crossmember just behind the torque arm boxes. Worked great! I also had to slightly cut down the Nova chassis just behind the fuel cell, and remove the molded drivetrain hump to fit against the Falcon's interior tub.

Obviously there's still lots more to be sorted out, but it seems workable now!

#137 HNTR

HNTR

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

sure... another one doing multiple builds !! love the unusual !!! build on.......  i'd keep everything stock, even use the engine, just tub it out. be a very interesting build.

I planned to keep everything stock. Just going to tub it out and roll cage and a few extras.

#138 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

I planned to keep everything stock. Just going to tub it out and roll cage and a few extras.

cool! gonna be a neat little build. be cool to see the cage around those gull wing doors. does the motor have turbos on it.... i know nothing about those cars...

#139 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Actually working on the Falcon!

F002_zps5ba77fbd-vi.jpg

As Roger (plowboy) suggested, I fit the '67 Mustang suspension to the Nova frame, after I'd ground off the Nova's engine mounts, lower control arm mounts, and the crossmember just behind the torque arm boxes. Worked great! I also had to slightly cut down the Nova chassis just behind the fuel cell, and remove the molded drivetrain hump to fit against the Falcon's interior tub.

Obviously there's still lots more to be sorted out, but it seems workable now!

hehe.... been there..... cant see the picts here but it sounds killer. thanks for the info on the front suspension switch. will have to file that one away for future use.

#140 HNTR

HNTR

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

cool! gonna be a neat little build. be cool to see the cage around those gull wing doors. does the motor have turbos on it.... i know nothing about those cars...

It has a 5.5L V8 with a screw-type Supercharger.