#21 MitchP

MitchP

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Full Name:Mitchell S. Peoples

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

Brett: Yep, I checked out (well, stumbled upon) the gallery on Pro Tech's site and amongst the other builds, Christine totally blew me away! Although historically, it was a NOS car (I'm a pro mod/top sportsman freak), I really like the blown version. I'm thinking that might be a Ross Gibson resin engine although I'm not sure.

Chi Town is certainly beautiful from the promo pics and I've seen articles on the original real car, a rebuild and the model build itself. What a unique design with offset engine and escape hatch! This Hot Rod flopper is so simple from the instructions and the pre-fitting I've done. I'm going to scale down the detailing, leaving it to consist of a rubber line from the fuel cell to the pump, a little braided line up to a handmade fuel block by the injector butterfly linkage area and another braided line to the rear blower hat block. I have some Pro Tech .031 hard line which I'll form and run four on each side of where the hat meets the supercharger.

The cost of the cogs and a belt won't be spent here, the moldings have a cogged belt and decent cogs. I'll just try to cut some really small pieces of my styrene rod(s) until I can come up with a bolt head design that I can glue to the cogs. I'm trying to find a way to fashion an MSD mag with the molded top on it and the wires coming out underneath.

The only thing I was worried about was a Logghe style chassis which as to be glued together. Luckily this one is one piece and very compact. If I decide to detail the blower, I've been told I'll have to adjust the cutouts in the body for the top of the engine. Should be a chance to test either my dremel or a heated xacto blade.

BTW, I just went back and showed my wife the thread of your Camaro build with the soldered brass chassis and the awesome hand constructed front A-arm and coilover suspension. She can "appreciate" the effort, but isn't as jazzed as me over the expertise!

Have a blessed day Brett!

#22 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

re Chi Town, no adjustments nessacery  http://www.modelcars...showtopic=40313

Thanks for the head rush over the camaro, I need to get that car done for a display in January.

Take care yourself.

Edited by brett, 12 November 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#23 MitchP

MitchP

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

Very nice Bret. I really like the wheels/tires in that kit, as well as the decals supplied. It's going to be a fun build!

#24 MitchP

MitchP

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

Sorry - had to add a couple more pics from my friend's much improved camera - I'll keep it short:

Attached File  DSCN7546.JPG   76.69KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7548.JPG   130.51KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7572.JPG   87.21KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7533.JPG   107.68KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7552.JPG   237.55KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7525.JPG   130.93KB   0 downloads

#25 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

Much better pics :) and it does look really good. Try putting a little flat black on the plug leads at the dizzy/mag end, it fools the eye quite a bit and makes it look more realistic .