Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xs650shawn

  1. Finally got some paint on the body. Tamiya light gray primer, Createx Opaque Red (4 coats), and 2K clear (3 coats). Tamiya semi-gloss black for the hood, spoiler, and intake components, most of which will probably still get a coat of satin clear. Detail painted the engine and chassis.
  2. Finally started a little paint.
  3. Made some progress on my '71 Duster street machine today. Made something resembling a fuel cell and battery mount areas in the trunk floor. Engine has plug wires. Had to take some creative liberty as to where the wires go, because the coil packs on this engine are so small. Coming along.
  4. Haven't had much bench time lately for the '71 Duster. Crammed a bit in last night. New trunk floor is in, and rear axle is narrowed to make room for the Pegasus wheels.
  5. Been a couple weeks since having any time for this. Realized I will have to relocate the leaf springs, considering the wider tires. So I cut out the trunk floor to make room. May end up opening the trunk too, haven't decided yet.
  6. Having a builder's block with one of my other projects, so I decided to start this. Going for a Pro-Touring look with it. Rear wheel wells didn't allow my choice wheels and tires to go where I planned, as far as the stance I envision. So first order of business is to make some mini-tubs. Final stance isn't planned to be as low as the photo shows, but it shows how much more clearance the mini-tubs provide.
  7. Wheels are from the AMT 1960 Chevy street machine pickup kit.
  8. Just finished this, for a Facebook group 24 hour challenge. 23.5 hours start to finish. AMT 1994 Lightning. Came with incorrect tailgate, and didn't have time to source another, so I just scratched up some bed braces, so as to not look unfinished. Also lost an exhaust crossover pipe somewhere along the way, but overall didn't turn out bad, considering the time in it. My airbrush wasn't cooperating, so painted the whole thing with my full size spray gun. Changed the wheels, flocked the interior, otherwise box stock.
  9. Some progress today. Chassis finally getting something resembling a suspension under it. Stance and final ride height mocked up as well.
  10. After some builders block, the D100 is back on the bench. Having been a fan of airbagged vehicles forever,I finally have an airbagged truck! 🤣🤣🤣 needs a bit more fitting, but progress.
  11. Thanks for the kind words everyone. Those that have built this one know how it will fight you to get good results. I wanted to stay fairly basic with it.
  12. Createx Plum Pearl with 2K clear
  13. Latest one I finished (which doesn't happen often now). Took some work to get decent results with this kit, but didn't turn out bad.
  14. Not much to update, as work has kept me stupid busy lately. But got some parts from Trailer Trash Kustomz again, gives an idea of where I'm going with this. 3D printed air suspension, and resin 6.1 Hemi instead of the V10.
  15. Made some actual mount points for the bed, cab is next. Found these wheels in my parts stash, I believe from a Jada toys S10 I once had. Narrowed the fronts, and I think I'll stick with these.
  16. Not much progress lately. Work keeping me busy. Got the bed floor permanently in place, need to fill the gaps between wheelers and besides. Also got some bed supports fabbed up.
  17. It's sidetracked a bit. I'll get back to it soon.
  18. I believe it is 1/8" x 1/4" rectangular stock. It might be a little bulky, but I'm gonna run with it.
  19. Let's see if I can keep my motivation up on this one. I've never done this level of scratchbuilding. Started with a Dodge Little Red Express kit. Lost the decals long ago, and don't really care for the stepside bed. Got a Styleside/smoothside bed from Trailer Trash Customs. Decided I was going to try my hand at building a frame, as I want this truck to be laid out. Here's where I am so far. Thinking a V10 from the Revell Sidewinder kit.
  • Create New...