John....Thanks...hopefully I won't have to kick too many butts....LOL
Joe...Thanks for looking in. The rigging is what's slowing me down right now. I've been studying the rigging diagrams to make sure I understand where all of the lines go to. There are 11 sails and each one has 5 to 8 lines on it. So there's going to be rigging lines going all over the ship. I'm trying to determine if I want to follow the instructions or put the sails on in a different order. And yes, the save on the case was fortunate. I had ordered it a little too tall, so it worked out when the bottom edge was cut.
Kevin....Sharp eyes !! It Is supposed to be the sub in Operation Petticoat. I did a 'pink' build on another forum several years ago. You where supposed to build a model of any subject as long as it was pink.
Chris....Not much of an update, but I have been doing stuff. When I got back from DSC, the extra rigging line I had ordered came in.
I also rigged the blocks on the other two masts and installed them.
Then I cleaned out a space in the TV cabinet so I could store and display the ship safely.
I tacked a couple of sails on to get an idea what it will look like.
No plank Brad.....it only comes out when I need to get rid of 'unneccessary baggage'.....lol...dead men tell no tales !
Somehow amongst the hundreds of parts...I manged to lose three of the supports that go below the side plates. So I made some up out of .040 square styrene. The white ones are the clones.
The support in the center of these the is the 'imposter'.
The swan is on....now I'm looking for a miniature bottle of champagne to christen it with.
This is one of the steps I was very nervous about.....putting on the open cannon doors. Between getting the rigging right and glueing them on with a very small surface contact, I was anticipating problems. But they went on with a minimum of fuss'
Joe, I wasn't done with the fiddly cannon bits yet. There are a total of 12 cannons visible on the upper deck. Each cannon has three ropes attached to it to draw it back and forth into position. So a nerve racking 36 times trying to super glue little bits on the cannons.
Yahoo!!! One cannon in place.......11 more to go
Cannons are in place....hopefully they'll stay their for Cap'n Clutz
Well....I'm finding out why I put this aside. There are 128 of these little pulleys which need to be cleaned up. And there are probably 40 more of another variety.
I managed to knock the case and ship off of the coffee table and got a good chunk out of the case. But it's all good because the case dude was able to cut off 1 1/2 inches off of the bottom. Fortunately it still clears at the top.