so i made this today out of a piece of .25 in aluminum, machined with a .5 in endmill and finished with a .1875 in endmill. it will stick up thru the hood as shown and surround the stacks from the engine. Last night i got the interior tub in primer as well as the frame and painted the cage the same bronze as the front axle just havent got any pics yet. thanks for looking!
Got some more work done on the merc this past weekend. got a simple cage built, headers made from solder, rear suspension squared away and i got a can of one coat bronze to try out for the frame, motor and suspension pieces. thanks for looking!
Most of the stuff under the hood i added. It had the normal molded in harness on the firewall, i sanded that off and made my own harness out of twisted wire, added the heater hoses, battery cables, brake lines, fuel line, vacuum hoses and plug wires. It was definitely the most detail ive put into one to date and i am pleased with the end result. Thanks for the comments guys!
Started on some putty on the interior. all the sheet is in the interior just got to smooth it all out. top strips are for filling the gap between the inside of the body and the interior tub. more to come soon.