Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'avanti'.
Hi all! This is my first model in this community. Model was build 1,5 year ago and it was my first completely finished build. During the process of assembly, the elements of the suspension, engine, body, interrior were modified. I used some photo etching parts (locks of belts, engine parts, wipers), wire (cables), flock, BMF foil for chromium imitation, Alcad II, Elf headlights, rubber hose cords, string and syringe needle for antenna, 2k putty (mirrors, washer reservoirs). Windows(glass) except for the back are made of transparent plastic 0.5mm. The body is painted with a Model Master Nassau Blue Metallic paint and covered with 2k varnish. The rest of the details are painted with colors from the range of Tamiya and Testors. Interior was build in two-colors. I decided to paint the blue elements of the interior with the same metallic as the body, but due to different varnishes (matte in the interior and glossy on the body), the materials look differently and the interior turned out quite similar to the photos of real cars. Enjoy....
I have not been working on models for a week because I have been frustrated with my first two builds. My 68 beetle and Meyers Manx. Both have paint issues and I am most likely going to strip the paint from them with purple power. However, on the bright side, at a car show, I picked up a vintage amt kit. The 1963 avanti Reggie Jackson collection. I'm going to begin painting the engine and chassis tomorrow (maybe) but for now i was practicing with BMF on the avanti script. And for my first time, it came out almost perfect! It took me like 15 minutes! But I think I'll just Polish through the paint with the foil under the paint to be sure no mistakes happen instead of trimming around the letters.