Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'coke'.
Found 4 results
So you know how many of us (myself included) kind of mock Round2 a little for all of the Coke kits they come up with? Yeah, yeah, I know, I know...interesting subject matter, and we don't have to use the decals. Yes, that's why I have several Coke kits. Anyway, so they did the Coke Charger. Now which came first...the kit or the real thing? This surprised me. It's umm...interesting...
I finally put together this very complicated, multi media model of a vintage soda drink cooler. 😜 I made a Coca-Cola cooler before, happened to have almost correct decals. Now I have both versions of accurate decals, so I made this version for taking pictures to use in the instructions, and promotion. The box is resin, the lid handle is vacuum-form, and the handle is wire. So I have technically finished another model! 🎉 It has an operating feature too. 😮
VINTAGE SODA COOLER 1/24 scale, includes resin box, vacuum-formed handle, steel wire, decal (chose "the real thing" or Royal Crown), instructions. US$20, plus shipping [west USA $3.66, east USA $4.06, Canada $10.50, Germany $14.25, other countries to be determined. PayPal available. Based on the TempRite Mfg. Co. steel cooler from the 50s. COKE_Cooler_instructions_ver2.pdf
Hi everyone, Here's a build I finished up a couple months ago but neglected to post photos of. It's Donnie Allison's 1969 Mercury Cyclone II. Or sort of. He never drove the flat-nosed Cyclone II, just the "W" nose. But I only realized this halfway through the build and decided to just finish it as-is. It's the Polar Lights re-release from a couple years ago and goodness was it a lot of trouble! The chassis fit was poor, engine details were soft, and of course it wasn't even the right car. Not wanting to waste too much on a kit that isn't up to par, I built this out-of-box. One nice thing about this kit is that you get 2 full engines. I went with the 427 and added the 429 to the spare parts bin. The red is Tamiya acrylic flat red shot through my airbrush, and the gold is a Mr. Color lacquer that is just stunning. I used Testors Ultra-Gloss Clear (I think). I used the kit decals and they were very nice. The chrome pieces were too bright, so I sprayed some Tamiya TS-79 semi-gloss clear over them. Despite all the issues, I enjoyed the build and am pleased with the result. And as this uploads I think I'll go pour myself a glass of Coke... Thanks for looking, Jake